August - JUST DO IT!

Options

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have taken my Fasting BG I have been in the 267's . I showed 120 on my meter last night before going to bed at 11:30 pm. and this morning at 6:00am I had a 135 FB showing on my meter!! It may still be too high, but it is so low compared to past readings. I am hopeful it will continue.
    Yesterday I tried to keep my carbs per meal at or below 45 carbs, 15 snacks. This may have been to missing part that is going to help!! I am so excited!!

OWR , so glad he is doing much better, and you are getting some rest. Well deserved
    Snoozie, just remember next year!! Retirement is possible! ( I've got 7-12 years to go.....ugh!!! ...sounds like a prison sentence...lol
    Vailara, evening snacking gets me every time, too. I need to put Hubby's snacks in another room....with a lock and key!
    Susan, sorry to hear about the eye. Glad you are on the mend, though!!
    Carol, you got to just dance on by that chocolate!!

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Gail - the readings in the States are different than here so I don't know what's high or low for you, BUT doing the happy feet dance cause I CAN do math and 267 to 120 and 135 this morning is an AWESOME diff!!! WELL DONE girl.. WELL DONE!! I am HONESTLY doing the happy feet dance.. I would take a picture but it would be blurry from the dancing LOL!! super happy for you !!!!!!!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Just did it. .in my Nike shirt. ..lol
    Check my page

Gail. .are they sugar numbers?

OWR. ...take time for you. ...glad the little guy is getting better

Susan. ..glad you're doing better

Snoozie. ...such a cheerleader
    I'm on the treat myself occasionally rather than a cheat day too

Sorry if I missed anyone. ..Go Team Go:)

TTYL
    Carol B)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Yes, Sugar numbers

Thanks Snoozie, My AIC was at 8.1 a month ago with the high numbers...so I hope I am learning and can do more right things than wrong... and eventually get it under 6.

Watching Carbs is so hard for an addict of them...UGH!!! but dying from Diabeties is harder I am sure!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    I really love my son (20)... favorite PITA... apparently he decided to empty the dishwasher... however... it hadn't been run... so I had to go through the cabinets and wash them by hand... gotta love it...

Gail... ouch on having to watch carbs.. luckily that's something I haven't worried about...(no diabetes in my family)...
    As I like to say Go Big or Go Home (brain surgery... blood clots (feet, legs and lungs - pulmonary embolism?)... so now I have a filter near my tummy to keep any that develop (haven't had any since 2010-2011ish)...no blood thinners either... just warfarin from Aug 2010 - Oct 2011...
    But of course my main thing to be thankful for is quick healing - left work 4 Aug and returned 1 Nov... less than 3 months.....even with a return to the hospital twice for blood clots and a do not drive order...and of course my boss at the time couldn't believe it... he was trying to get rid of me... had a temp hire while I was out.. tried to make her full time... oh darn.. luckily I'm the full time and they didn't have a choice...lol...
    I love God.. He always takes care of me... o:)

TTYL..

Carol B)

• Snooozie
    Options
    Gail - the A1C numbers I "get" - they are done the same here (mine was 8.4 when I was diagnosed 3 years ago).. for the past year every 3 months i have to be tested and been averaging 6.4 to 6.8 (and then given the all clear to go every six months instead ha!) Anyway.. i know how freaken hard it is to change the carb intake (so does Susan) and I am truly totally impressed with how much you have accomplished - you have made amazing progress and the fact you are willing to make those changes speaks volumes about your commitment to getting it under 6!! And you ARE saving your life my friend, you're right!! huge kudos to you Gail... huge!!!! Knowledge is power and the more you learn about what the disease does, the easier the changes become!! So impressed - keep up the great work - you are doing GREAT things for yourself!!!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Carol, you are a walking Miracle, my friend!! I am always amazed !! God is Great!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    I think it's going to work!!! Last night BG # 144 at 11:30 pm...... This morning, 6:30 am FBG 122!!! No raise like every other morning...less than for a change! Carbs at around 100 grams minus-ing the fiber count.

Thanks, Snoozie, I have always taken to heart everything you and Susan have tried to get across to my stubborn head! It may have taken me so long because I was a bit in denial. It's still a work in progress though.. I am not thinking just because I have been getting better numbers that this is a piece of cake so to speak...it will always be a battle for an overeater and lover of carbs and sweets .

Hopefully I won't continue to post numbers every time , here, to you girls, but who else do I have ? You are all my best supporters in all things. And I have had such high numbers in the last two years, that it is "freaken" awesome to see that it may be working!!

I have my
    work health fair today, so I'll see if they get around the same BG# . I am fasting till then , 9:50

Have a lovely day , all!!
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Reading everyone's medical struggles - I feel extremely fortunate with my lot in life. Sure, I may be grumpy, lumpy, leaky, and have arthritis stuff; but, overall, I'm fairly healthy.

My hope for everyone is to get their sugar under control. That is so very difficult. I had to "shoot" my MIL and FIL everday for many years and make sure they got their protein within the time frame. I could never, no matter how hard I tried, get across to them the dangers of processed white flour in the form of pasta, bread, cereals and of course all of the sugar in the ooey gooey deserts they would hide from me. It is a very steep uphill battle and I feel for anyone that goes through that.

I will keep each of you in my thoughts and prayers that your health improves or at least does not worsen. And thank you so much for the kind words about our little guy. He is getting stronger all the time and even gaining weight now. I'm having severe Harry withdrawal symptoms.....
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Morning Ladies...

It's my birthday and there will be cake...and my husband is taking me out for dinner tomorrow... steak and lobster...

Thank goodness for zumba after work B)

Carol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Happy Birthday ,Carol!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    edited August 2015
    Options
    HAs anyone had this happen? I have acquired two new "Friends" , one today, and one a few weeks back...that I have never sent or accepted a Friend request from..... they just appear on my list.
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Thanks Gail B)

The friend request / appearance is really spooky - can you delete them?

Carol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    I did the first one after a week or two of no show on her part.
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Whew... glad you were able to delete...
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Carol happy birthday hope you have a fabulous dinner tomorrow night celebrating. And cake on birthdays never counts for any calories so enjoy!!

Gail you better not stop posting your numbers I love seeing them every day and it inspires me to keep going too! Believe me I totally understand the excitement at the numbers!!!! I do believe I have actually skipped out of the doctors office once or twice! You're absolutely right it is an every day struggle ....... I got cocky last year when my number went down again and just line the weight loss, made the mistake of thinking OK I'm done. Yay me. And I got complacent as u already know. So we get it's a daily struggle my friend! Really we do!! But knowledge is power and the more you learn the more you find what you can have to satisfy your carbs withou damaging yourself. It's like your sweet tea remember six months ago when you never would've believed how much you could cut down or change it and now look at you .... Using low-carb bread and small amounts of whole-grain pasta piled up full of veggies and chicken on top lets u have a treat that's healthy so u will learn ways to switch up stuf here and there and still be able to enjoy foods u love. Huge congrats !!!

Owr - think of little Harry every time I see your name on the newsfeed! So very glad to hear he's improving daily and so very glad you're son and his wife have you in their lives to be such a strong support!

I'm using Siri on my phone because I think I broke my finger last night so I'm off to the walk in clinic shortly ..... Thot it was just a sprain but not so sure now lolololol. Will share re story of my klutziness later !!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    A maybe broken finger!! Snoozie have you been hitting that morning snooze button too hard? hahaha.. Hope you got good news from the clinic.

Thank you for your encouragement, Snoozie. I have had my ups and downs with this T2D, but hopefully more downs , from now on. I would always think about your notes to me about how damaging it is to your body, even if you think you feel ok, and that would keep me trying.

133 FBG # this morning!!
    .... and that was after a pretty big fried fish dinner.... (I don't intend to just eat whatever I want, even though I have the Meds working, I know some at work who do that, along with their insulin.....I want to keep trying to eat correctly so I can splurge sometimes)...It was soooo good... : )
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday, Carol!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Thanks again ladies for the birthday wishes.

I had a great time at dinner with my husband and they gave me the cutest homemade card. B-)

Still working through the cupcakes from work. ...luckily I have a 20 year old son that's helping. ..lol.

My homemade carrot cake is much better. ...carrots and raisins already added. ..I add pineapple and walnuts. ...so yummy!

TTYL
    Carol. .B-)
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Carol! Pineapple and walnuts in carrot cake -- Yum!!

Snooozie -- broken finger??!! Not fun! What the heck did you do? Hope it heals quickly for you.

Harry is improving. Needs to eat more and gain weight a little faster Dr says. His little incision got some redness and oozy from it .... the Dr says he thinks the inside stitches are migrating. Poor little mite.

Hope everyone has an awesome week with some great JDI moments!