Weigh-in Day (August 15)

Options
MicheleStitches
MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Is today official weigh-in day, or is it tomorrow, August 15? Whichever it is, shall we post our progress report here?

Edited to add: Well, I answered my own question by looking it up in our Google Doc. I guess this is my official "DUH!" moment for the day!

8d70fd89-6157-43d5-a222-aedb5c771bef.jpg

Oh well, consider this a reminder that tomorrow is weigh-in day!

Replies

• WicklowWanderer
    WicklowWanderer Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Meh, I'm fed up. At the four week wall but will climb over it tomorrow with a good sweat at the gym. Will check in with the weight after that, when I'll be feeling good regardless of what the numbers are. On the plus side, my scales are telling me I've been losing body fat this week.
  • SarahJurina
    SarahJurina Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'll weigh in tomorrow, but my weight loss has been sooooo slowwww. Up a pound, down a pound, up a pound down 1.5lb. it's like pulling teeth. I feel like I'm at the "up a pound" time right now.
  • rdtalon
    rdtalon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Meh, I'm fed up. At the four week wall but will climb over it tomorrow with a good sweat at the gym. Will check in with the weight after that, when I'll be feeling good regardless of what the numbers are. On the plus side, my scales are telling me I've been losing body fat this week.

Oh god, I'm totally doing that four week wall too! Is that an actual thing?! Lol. Oh well, I think I lost like half a pound or so.
  • dukiewoman
    dukiewoman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Fridays, so I'll be the first to report happy news: I'm down 2.6 pounds this week to 173.8. My August goal was to be at 173-175, so hooray! Im going to enjoy the end of my maternity leave, and stay active and hydrated.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm living in Japan, so it's already 15 Aug for me. Last week I went up 4.2 lbs in 4-5 days and was hoping it was water weight from eating out a lot. I'm glad to report that this week, not only did I lose the water weight but I'm down 2 lbs from my August starting weight! Yay - I was on track the whole time, just had too much salt or something so my water weight was up :)
  • WicklowWanderer
    Options
    I'll weigh in tomorrow, but my weight loss has been sooooo slowwww. Up a pound, down a pound, up a pound down 1.5lb. it's like pulling teeth. I feel like I'm at the "up a pound" time right now.

This happening to me the last couple of weeks as well and I'm finding it very frustrating. Just drop already!
  • Rach_B_81
    Rach_B_81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Down 2.2 :) last week was stagnant (scale wise, cause I did lose inches) but this week paid off on the scales
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Down 2 pounds which is above goal,(1lb.) and makes me very happy, yippie! But I increase my calorie goal for each day at the end of the week so I am very nervous about next week. After reading all the info on MFP about eating to little calories I realized my fatigue was likely coming from loosing too fast for me. Which sucks because i liked loosing weight faster duh.
  • SarahJurina
    SarahJurina Posts: 38 Member
    Options

This happening to me the last couple of weeks as well and I'm finding it very frustrating. Just drop already!

It seems like it happens every two weeks or so. My body holds onto the weight until I am super annoyed, then finally lets go of 1lb. or so. I don't have much left to lose, so it's probably stubborn padding that my body wants to keep.
  • MicheleStitches
    Options
    Well, there are now two weigh-in threads, so I guess I'll post in both ;)

August starting weight: 146 lbs

Week 1: 144 lbs
    Week 2: 143.2 lbs

August goal: 142 lbs

Overall goal: 125 lbs

• mmebouchon
    Options

Just curious, cause it sounds like great info to have, what kind of scale can tell if you are losing body fat?
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 254.8 today. Dropping slowly but I'm under a lot of stress right now. Plexus is helping with the cravings so I would normally be eating way more in this situation so it's good I'm not gaining at this point. Hoping for a better week this week. Goal is to stay under 1300 calories everyday.
  • MicheleStitches
    Options

mmebouchon wrote: »
    Just curious, cause it sounds like great info to have, what kind of scale can tell if you are losing body fat?

You can find them in any department store or on Amazon. They are not very accurate. Here's more information from an article on Livestrong's website:

Body fat scales use a technology called bioelectrical impedance analysis to measure body fat. A small, unnoticeable electrical current is sent from one foot, up one leg and down the other leg. Fat is a poor conductor of electricity compared to other components of the body such as muscle. The more resistance the electrical current experiences, the higher the fat.

A "Consumer Reports" study of body fat scales supports what many health and fitness experts say: that these scales are not as accurate as other body fat measurement methods. One issue is that the current runs from foot to foot and therefore is only measuring fat content in the lower body. The Consumer Report study found that the best scales were accurate up to 80 percent of the time. Further, there was no consistency as to whether or not scales reported a higher or lower body fat content. Because of these widespread inaccuracies, "Consumer Reports" no longer tests body-fat scales. Although the scales aren't always accurate, they can still be a tool to measure progress if you test your fat percentage under the same conditions each time.
  • WicklowWanderer
    edited August 2015
    Options

I have a Fibit Aria scales, it's quite good. Even better now as it tells me I'm down a couple of pounds along with the lard! I find its accurate enough for my purposes and compares favourably with the measurements I have taken by my gym.
  • margauxmilchen
    margauxmilchen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    original Start weight 260.5 July 31

August Start weight 250.4
    Current weight 245.6
    August goal 240
    total goal is to lose 120lbs 15 lbs lost so far.
  • simquilts2
    simquilts2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Start Weight 175
    Week one - 173.5
    Week two - 172.0
    I really like this support group, your information is so supportive and helpful. Longing in on the spreadsheet every week sure keeps me focused on the goal. So far, so good.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

I have a Fibit Aria scales, it's quite good. Even better now as it tells me I'm down a couple of pounds along with the lard! I find its accurate enough for my purposes and compares favourably with the measurements I have taken by my gym.

I have a Fitbit Aria scale too and I like it. I figure even if the number isn't exactly correct, if it keeps going in the downward direction I'm probably doing something right. It can be something to hold on to if my pounds stay the same, but body fat percent goes down.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Lost 0.8 pounds this week. Better down than up, but is slow going. I'm sticking to my calorie count of 1100 and trying to not be below that, and so far my weight loss over the past 7 weeks has been very slow and steady (6 pounds). In the past my weight was up and down by 2-3 pounds at a time, not counting right after a work out, so I feel that this is a much more stable weight loss and I'm not doing a 3 day crash diet with a 3 day binge type of eating pattern.
  • thefitpandaproject
    thefitpandaproject Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So I logged my weight in the spreadsheet a few days ago, it was a loss. I dunno about today, I have this strict rule of only weighing every week at most or two weeks at least. I have the habit of going over obsessed with the scale. Anyway currently on a semi great start, I hope this will last!
  • mmebouchon
    Options

Thanks