On again after my off again

Options
After a two month hiatus that started with a 'taste' of something and ended with an extra ten pounds (in two months!), I'm back to being committed. It amazes me still, three years later, how one can stick to plan for so long then have one weak moment and it's all out the window and out of control for so long! I did all of my meal prepping yesterday all protein and fat with only veggies for sides (different ones for different days). The water is also a big deal. Whenever I backtrack I notice that I don't even drink HALF of my usual water! Luckily, at work we are doing an exercise challenge, so that will help me to stay on track - if I'm exercising I need to be eating right things. Encouragement is helpful, however, just posting and being accountable again I think will be my biggest help. Thanks!

Replies

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    you can doooo it! I have had moments of weakness I posted about recently, but we gotta stick to our guns. It's well worth it just to not give in to other foods and stick to what works best for us. Sounds like you know what you need to do. And yes, accountability is everything. I'm back to posting on mfp regularly (I love this board!)
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    You got this!!

Thank goodness for this board. I've learned so many helpful things......
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I also have to be always vigilant about my eating. I can turn almost anything into a binge. Horrifying! I find that logging every bit of food, every day helps me to keep myself in reality about what I'm doing - whether it's on or off track. Sometimes that has helped me rein myself in from a binge. Also, I try really hard to not beat myself up about it and to give myself a clean slate after a setback. Progress, not perfection. This is a long, hard journey I'm on, and I am proud of how far I've come. Hang in there.
  • leslileberman
    leslileberman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks gals! Yes, accountability is half the battle! The binge crazies are real, and they just don't let up! And then it's like your mind gets taken over until you finally have that WTF moment that reels you back in! Glad I finally had it!!
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    it is amazing how easy it is to back track if you let yourself- happened to me over the winter UGG

and YES WATER is key !!

i have found even as a part time waitress on the weekend it is hard for me to get all my water those 3 days so then i feel like the next couple i am making up the difference...

{{hugs}}