I have learned my lesson....

Valtishia
Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
I learned my lesson... I am never posting on the general MFP forums again.

I got ripped apart over and over today with a bunch of crap! But the biggest load was "lifting should not be counted towards your TDEE, only cardio". It seriously reminded me of the older ladies in my gym coming from their cardio class and making a comment to me that they never see me exercising, they only ever see me lifting weights... followed by "Weight lifting is easy. All people do is rest!"

Replies

• agardengrrrl
    agardengrrrl Posts: 50 Member
    I do feel guilty standing around resting between sets. But it works, I'm getting stronger! So who cares what they say.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Tell them your repair burns more than theirs, which is nil.
  • Valtishia
    heybales wrote: »

All I could muster was "you caught me.... I come for the free shower". Your answer probably would have been more appropriate.
  • Valtishia
    I do feel guilty standing around resting between sets. But it works, I'm getting stronger! So who cares what they say.

Agreed! It sure does work!

Oh.. and edge over to the fan.... it will help ease your guilt :D
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    heybales wrote: »

this
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    In general the open forums are brutal. Lots of experts but very little expertise! lol
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    "Free shower", haha! Let's see those naysayers squat their body weight or deadlift well over it., lmao!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    "Free shower", haha! Let's see those naysayers squat their body weight or deadlift well over it., lmao!

Now we're talking!
  • Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    These people are far from friendly...they have their degrees online ;)
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    edited August 2015
    Yes those forums can be brutal! I don't post there either! Visit EM2WL.com for good info and converstion with out the judging or nasty comments!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    If they saw how much I sweat when I lift they wouldn't say that I'm not working out. Brutal. My guess is that a lot of people think of 3lb weights when they think of women lifting cause that's the picture they see in lots of 'workout' magazines.
  • Valtishia
    If they saw how much I sweat when I lift they wouldn't say that I'm not working out. Brutal. My guess is that a lot of people think of 3lb weights when they think of women lifting cause that's the picture they see in lots of 'workout' magazines.

Oh I sweat like crazy too! And I starving when I am done. Can't nobody tell me that isn't a workout! lol