Desperately seeking support!

Options
buxomvegan
buxomvegan Posts: 35 Member
I'm back... I'm back after a break that was far too long... After a break where I tried to convince myself that I was OK in this body, that I didn't care if I gained 10, 20, 50, 100 lbs. But I do care. I can't stand being stuck in this body and gaining weight on an almost daily basis. I'm all for body positivity, but if I don't love what I see in the mirror, something has to change. This year was supposed to be a turning point for me, I celebrated my 30th birthday 4 months ago, and I swore I would make changes... Big changes... This year. I still have time. I can refocus, truly make some changes this time. And I will, that's why I came back, it's time to make some permanent changes.

So if you're willing to be a support buddy, please take a second to add me! I could use all the support I can find!

Replies

• FinntheVeggie
    FinntheVeggie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Committing to focus and make changes is the first step, and the biggest.
    I'm sending a friend request and I'd love it if we could mutually support each other. My inbox is always open :)

Have you considered trying a few weeks on maintenance calories first? For me I found that really eased the transition so I didn't fall back into the pattern of eating completely healthy for a few days then getting to the end of my rope and scarfing down everything in the house. Just a suggestion I suppose.
  • SnackySnackPants
    SnackySnackPants Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I tried to "just be happy" and "just eat like a normal person" don't think about food. Ha! I, too, turned 30 a couple months ago and thought things would just click, it would be the motivation I needed, but not yet.

You can do this, you'll find the motivation for that permanent change. :)
  • buxomvegan
    buxomvegan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you FinntheVeggie and SnackySnack... I appreciate your kind words and I added both of you. I'm working on just trying to get through the day with an honest logging session and see how that turns out. I need to figure out what I'm eating a daily basis vs. what I actually should be eating. Once I get that under control I'm going to try to stick to their calorie goals, and slowly work some movement into my life (walking, yoga, etc.) and hope that the old adage of eating healthy and exercise is the only thing you need to lose weight - is true. I'm also returning to veganism for my health and for my planet. So excited to be getting things started! Please feel free to message me anytime!
  • sothgo
    sothgo Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    you can and you will surely change your life, it's just bad habits, you can be stronger than them! hold on and be brave. I like how you had planned to move on, little by little you will suceed.
  • alisabalestra
    alisabalestra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used MFP consistently for two years, lost 56 pounds, and have maintained my weight loss (give or take a few pounds up or down) for the past two years. However, I have struggled with an ED since about 2007 - combo of anorexia and bulimia. My bulimia has been very bad lately (purge is exercise), and I struggle with overeating. I have been wary of adding friends on MFP in the past because I find people use the site to reinforce EDs or other unhealthy behavior, but I need some additional support. I'd like to add you folks.
  • LetterToCorinth
    LetterToCorinth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I've binged as much as 6000 calories in a day before, I understand the struggle. Been doing pretty well over the past week since I started back on MFP. One day at a time.
  • lindabortner
    lindabortner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found professional help for their binge eating? I have lost 38 pounds but still struggle with binge eating.
  • traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    mrs_shafer, you have taken the first steps in the right direction by simply logging everything you eat. I found that to be my first step at realizing what I had to do. From there, I could then slowly work myself into eating better, exercising and trying to maintain a healthier way of living. Granted, I'm not there yet but I really like LettertoCori's advice "One Day at a time." That is definitely what I have to do. I lost a little weight but not nearly what I should have, had I eaten better or exercised more. I think the more support you have from others who are in the same boat, the better. You're headed in the right direction. Keep up the good work. Happy belated birthday!

lindabortner: I have not found professional help for BE but congrats on your 38 pounds lost. The only thing that works for me is to try to keep really active every day (even though I can't always, with a toddler) and try to log exactly what I eat so that I stay more accountable. I have to take it one day at a time.