Has anyone ever asked you this?

Options
Graceious1
Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
I have become pretty active since being in my 40s, running, practicing martial arts, lifting and running. I do it because I really enjoy it and want to go into my 50 looking and feeling awesome.

Now to my question: Has anyone ever asked you this? I ask it because when I talked about doing martial arts and going for my black belt an ex-colleague asked me, "Aren't you a bit old for that?" I looked at him and said, "WHAT???" I then proudly told him that I was one of the oldest practitioners in my Taekwondo school. Our teacher is almost 60, the highest graded person is 61, another is 50 and I am 47 and out of all of these mature people I am the only woman. Our youngest student is 5 years old. You are never too old (or young) to practice martial arts and we, even us oldies, take part in sparring matches every week, with me being the only lady.

So it is now over to you. Has anyone ever asked you, and it could be for anything, "Aren't you too old for that?"

Replies

• Aprilwillrun10
    Aprilwillrun10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who gets told that all the time. She runs and she is in her 50's.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I don't ever hear that. And good for you on your black belt goal!
  • Graceious1
    Options
    @VegasFit thank you and I got it in May.
  • jaycoup15
    jaycoup15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do, when I want to do anything adventurous and outdoors. Especially from family!
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and have a Hello Kitty lunch box. One of my coworkers tells me I should start acting my age every time she sees me with it. I think she's just jealous.
  • Graceious1
    Options
    jaycoup15 wrote: »
    I do, when I want to do anything adventurous and outdoors. Especially from family!
    Keep being adventurous I say
  • Graceious1
    Options
    She may be jealous @kaihunter45 and let's keep hold our inner child.