APPETIZING AUGUST - Food Related August Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• pondsbb
    pondsbb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well I used Bobs Red Mill low carb baking mix to fry some summer squash and geen tomatoes tonight. I was not very pleased with the results and the stuff is so expensive. Not worth the cost, I don't think.

20150811_164926.jpg
  • pondsbb
    Options
    I think next time I'll nust crush cheap pork rinds and use those.
  • simbartes
    simbartes Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Week two:
    Tried those egg muffins. Yum. Filling
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I bought plantains today-- supposedly they are used to make pancakes and waffles on an autoimmune Paleo (AIP) diet which I'm transitioning to. This will be a first after all those times of just looking at them in the produce section. LOL
  • pondsbb
    Options
    Since I'm covered up in garden green beans and have leftovers every few days, green bean casserole. Just onion and mushroom dredged in almond flour and fried in bacon grease. Leftover green beans mixed with cream, sour cream, cream cheese and chicken bouillon. Lots of black pepper, simply because I love it.
  • pondsbb
    Options
    20150809_165214.jpg
    ooops I did quote instead of image..here is image
  • pondsbb
    Options
    Well forget it this board is too hard to work with..lol.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Week 2 was mostly a bust for me. I was supposed to try liquids only to give my intestines a break but it followed a carb laden vacation and a only did liquid meals instead of liquid days. I'm going to continue into week 3 with it and see how it goes.
  • pondsbb
    Options
    IMG_20150819_173650.jpg

My first fathead pizza with home grown pizza sauce was so good, and hubby approved too.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I found that fathead pizza made me crave carby things and made me sleepy. I don't know if it was the almonds, the huge amount of cheese, or the carbs in general, but this will not be in the regular rotation for me. Special occasion only. It was tasty as all get out though.
  • pondsbb
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I found that fathead pizza made me crave carby things and made me sleepy. I don't know if it was the almonds, the huge amount of cheese, or the carbs in general, but this will not be in the regular rotation for me. Special occasion only. It was tasty as all get out though.

I wish it would make me sleepy as I am sleepless right now. I have a big day tomorrow and can't sleep. I overcarbed today as I had to make mashed potatoes for a family group picnic tomorrow. I make it the night before and heat tomorrow in a crock pot. Everyone expects me to bring them and no one knows I'm trying to eat low carb. Gosh this whole weekend is gonna be hard for me to stay on track
  • pondsbb
    Options
    I am going to be making a cauliflower faux potato salad for Sat. All the retired clan meet on Friday at a campground, but the big group will be together Sat. at my house. Too much junk running through my head right now. No way can I tell family members
    .no I can't eat any of you wonderful blueberry cake..just no way for me to do that.
  • toadqueen
    Options
    The fathead pizza looks yummy but I have to stay away from most of it. That being said, I've been staying away from my food goals for this challenge too....boo!! Another busted week. Starting fresh again...
  • 915kat
    915kat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I want to incorporate cauliflower more into my mix; so I riced a whole head today! I want to try the pizza made from it. I've made the faux potatoes and loved em!
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My appetite has been strange since my surgery, but I am getting my macros pretty close to where I want them. I am hoping to become a bit more adventuresome in my food choices again this coming week.
  • pondsbb
    Options
    Well the last week in Aug I have done norhing but simple things like steak and broccoli. We have been using our travel trailer too much for me to cook...it is a good problem to have. I do love to cook but I love to camp also.

My ending of this challenge. I enjoyed it but didn't really loose because I kept loosing and gaining the same 5 pounds. Alcohol and carb crashes are the culprit.

Had fun though.
  • toadqueen
    Options
    My Appetizing August challenge was a real bust. I was on track for the first week, then went on vacation and could not get back on track. I did well with the fitness challenge though so that is good news!

Congrats to everyone who completed the challenge. I think it may have been too open-ended for some, including me or maybe just not the right time with so many other personal challenges this month.