My EM2WL Journey

Options
2»

Replies

• pixie_mills
    pixie_mills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm back for another update. I'm pretty happy so far. I've only put on 6lbs in 2.5 months after eating at 1200 calories religiously for a rather long time. I went back to my job as a teacher yesterday after the summer holidays and got so overwhelmed with work I missed eating about half of my lunch. We'll, how in the hell I managed so low for so long I don't know. By early evening I was taking dizzy spells, had a headache and just couldn't concentrate. Will not make that same mistake again! Huge wake up call to how much food my body actually needsto function properly. It's nice to see that it seems to be responding well to the extra fuel those past 2.5 months
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Good demo of what the difference can mean.

But I'll bet if you were eating that low the whole time, with body slowed down, it probably wouldn't have been that drastic of a comparison - normal mode likely was slow enough that the extra from no lunch wouldn't have been noticed.

Indeed, now the fun of figuring out what new maintenance is.
  • pixie_mills
    Options
    Sorry haybales, can you clarify what you mean for the second bit of your comment? I'm confoooooozed lol. X
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Ya, that was confusing.

Missing part of your lunch now compared to when eating 1200 would be a bigger difference to your body.

Not only that, but when eating 1200 your body was operating slower anyway, so the difference was less than too.
  • pixie_mills
    Options
    aaaaaahhhh! I see :) that now makes perfect sense thank you. And my god! did I notice the difference, I just felt totally ill! It was horrible! Really don't want to feel like that again in a hurry lol.
  • pixie_mills
    Options
    I may or may not be levelling out :/

Stayed the same weight this week, still +6lbs from when I started resetting at the beginning of June.
    Started NROLFW 2 weeks ago and back to school for now a "normal" week, so will update on Friday.

Is +6lbs sounding about right? Or too much? I'm learning not to trust the scale, however, after years of conditioning I still have that nagging in the back of my mind :(
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    That sounds right. 6 lb isn't a lot to gain and a few of those pounds will still be water weight (carb restoring). It's why, when you eventually go for a cut, you should have a range of weight for your goal versus just one number.