Hello fellow C5Kers2

Options
guess_whox
guess_whox Posts: 16 Member
Hi everyone,
I've been doing the c25k for about a year now. I felt so proud after finishing week 3 that I gave myself 40 weeks off... I'm back on it and am currently on week 7 day 2 but I have a couple of questions, any help would be awesome. I'm doing this inside the gym on a treadmill one an incline of 1.5 and speed of 8.4km. Any recommendations or general ideas what it should be or what I should be aiming for or your experiences? Thank you

Replies

• lolagranola1
    lolagranola1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am no help, as i am currently still running outside. However, i had somewhat the same story you have. I ran in a 5k, note key word "in" lol. I didn't run the whole 5k but finished it in 46 minutes i think. I was proud. I was sore. I didn't run again for almost 2 years. I just started back up in may this year. I am only on week 5 day 1 today. I tend to repeat them for 2-3 weeks before i go to the next one. My stamina and endurance are really picking up. Enough about me... i really wanted to cheer you on for getting back in the groove! It seems like i recall a treadmill c25k when you pick your workout in settings. Good luck!
  • guess_whox
    Options
    I am no help, as i am currently still running outside. However, i had somewhat the same story you have. I ran in a 5k, note key word "in" lol. I didn't run the whole 5k but finished it in 46 minutes i think. I was proud. I was sore. I didn't run again for almost 2 years. I just started back up in may this year. I am only on week 5 day 1 today. I tend to repeat them for 2-3 weeks before i go to the next one. My stamina and endurance are really picking up. Enough about me... i really wanted to cheer you on for getting back in the groove! It seems like i recall a treadmill c25k when you pick your workout in settings. Good luck!

That is of help, it's encouraging :D I think I'm repeating the 20 min run part another 4-5 times at least before I dare go forward. Then I shall be as courageous as you sign up for a 5k in which I will probably crawl from exhaustion after the first 3 seconds of running #goals. Good job and good luck.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Good work on coming back to the program :)

Don't repeat the runs unless you totally blow up, and even then, if it's just one run still move onto the next.
    Incline is good, speed is irrelevant. As long as you're running, keep progressing through the program. Worry about speed after you finish C25K... ideally wait until you've done a B210K program too.
    If you're increasing the time running and you struggled last time, drop the speed on the treadmill a bit. Don't be afraid to drop it during your session either.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @taeliesyn is right. I don't run at the same speed the whole run outside, so don't feel like you have to do so inside

Welcome back. we all have bad runs. I had an unpleasant one today. but I've been encouraged to keep moving forward. And they were right to encourage me so. Keep going. You have the support of this whole group.

• kazredhead
    kazredhead Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have just started, run two tomorrow, but am getting a 3k walk in on the non-run days. Want to lose as stone by Christmas!
  • guess_whox
    Options
    Good luck kazredhead - you can do it!! Thanks so much Moyer and Taeliesyn - I just saw your comments now and its really encouraging just when I need it. I tried running again today (after a 2 week hiatus) and I sucked so bad. I couldn't run for 20 minutes even though I had been doing that 4x a week just 2 weeks ago - I left the gym so shamed and then I saw your comments with the encouragement and tips - thanks, I'm going to try again tomorrow. :D