Any one else?

Options
mrsgreen5686
mrsgreen5686 Posts: 34 Member
Since the beginning of this week I've been really struggling with hunger. For the past 4 weeks I've been fine but this week so much more. I've fathemed out its coz it's coz I'm due on. Does anyone else really suffer with this? And if so what do you do? Do you eat a little more or just ignore it I don't know what's best to do. Today is my fast day so really struggling :neutral:

Replies

• carole4000
    carole4000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do think it goes in cycles. I myself would eat a bit more and maybe change my fast day until it passes.
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Usually I'm fine with fasting and don't tend to feel all too hungry. Today was an exception :open_mouth: . I was starving all day today, and had to distract myself.The moment I stayed still = the moment I wanted food, lol. Oh well, I didn't give into it.

(Also, am I weird for not feeling hungry during that time of the month? For me it's more like the very thought of food turns my stomach).
  • mrsgreen5686
    Options
    carole4000 wrote: »
    I do think it goes in cycles. I myself would eat a bit more and maybe change my fast day until it passes.

Thanks I already did Monday as a fast day and just completed today's fast day with probably having 550 calories but I've been to the gym and burnt off a few hundred so not sweating over the extra 50 calories eaten xx
  • mrsgreen5686
    Options
    Usually I'm fine with fasting and don't tend to feel all too hungry. Today was an exception :open_mouth: . I was starving all day today, and had to distract myself.The moment I stayed still = the moment I wanted food, lol. Oh well, I didn't give into it.

(Also, am I weird for not feeling hungry during that time of the month? For me it's more like the very thought of food turns my stomach).

Yes is the short answer super weird. I have been the same today super super Hungry all day can't wait for tea tomorrow beef curry with onion bhaji and poppadoms. Can't wait!!
    Well done for not giving in xxx
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Since the beginning of this week I've been really struggling with hunger. For the past 4 weeks I've been fine but this week so much more. I've fathemed out its coz it's coz I'm due on. Does anyone else really suffer with this? And if so what do you do? Do you eat a little more or just ignore it I don't know what's best to do. Today is my fast day so really struggling :neutral:

Week before TOM...no bottom to hunger feelings. Possibly ghrelin/leptin hormones out of whack.

In general, try make protein a goal . Most women do fine with between 60-120 g net protein/day. It also depends on activity level. When I started following Dr. Donald Laymans «30g/meal» minimum, I saw tremendous progress in combo with training. Apparently optimal protein synthesis is better when doing 30g or more per meal. Also the thermic effect of food was better.

This could also partly explain why snacking bits here and there throughout the day is not very good for fat loss. Not only do you put the body in fed state constantly, you also give the body lots of «empty» calories.

Personally, I find that reducing carbs substantially and upping healthy fats have helped vs the need to feed the body. I have eating window that starts at roughly 2-5 pm, every day. This might not suit for YOU.

Then the Captain Obvious: Feeling bit of hungry now and then is part of the dieting process. I don't recommend too high deficits over long periods of time, but accepting hunger is kinda part of the deal in trying to lose weight.

I find that learning to know and understand my body, helped me differentiate between what kind of hunger I was dealing with. «Eating on my emotions» is still a battle!