Weight Lifting Gloves

Options
cmon288
cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
Any suggestions on Weight lifting gloves and what to look for? since I've started I've noticed some areas on my hand that will likely blister if I keep lifting without protection? I was wondering if anyone in the group had any recommendations.

Replies

• dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Go into a store and try on what they have and go from there :)
    I can't remember the brand I have... they have a spider on them though lol They had the smallest size and were comfortable for me (I have kid-sized hands).
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Are you concerned about developing blisters or callouses? Callouses, which build up slowly over time, can be gently sloughed off in the shower using a pumice stone (like you would use on your feet). This helps keep the skin from getting super rough and thick. While I'm certainly no expert, I have read that using gloves cheats you out of some of the grip strength you develop by lifting bare handed (since the glove helps you grip without using those muscles as much).
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I think it comes down to comfort and personal choice.

Chalk or liquid chalk would also be a good option.

I use gloves because I work every day with clay and water - any cut or rip to my hands means I can't work, which means no money... so I wear gloves :wink:
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    dnamouse wrote: »
    I think it comes down to comfort and personal choice.

Chalk or liquid chalk would also be a good option.

I use gloves because I work every day with clay and water - any cut or rip to my hands means I can't work, which means no money... so I wear gloves :wink:

Gotta make that money! :smile:
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I've developed callouses over time...and I'm strangely proud of them :smiley: I'm sure any weight lifting glove would do the trick though. :)
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Love my callouses :)