Options
    mrron2u wrote: »
    111 today

nice number!
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    kithrobyn wrote: »
    Mine was 60, which seems awful low but I felt fine. I started exercising yesterday and I wonder if that combined with being low carb is what brought it so low. I'm going to keep an eye on things and see what happens.

When I get that low I have to eat breakfast right then and there.
    I'm usually not right till noon.
    Stubborn or foolish I don't eat carbs, I wait on my liver to dump.

I was lucky in that my husband made me breakfast, lol.

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    pennell12 wrote: »
    Some good news! my post mean BS was down to 130! I haven't had such a reading for a long time!

That is good news! I can so relate to how you feel when you see those high numbers and the thrill when you finally see a low one.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    114 this morning. Not bad, not bad indeed!
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    109 today
  • cloudy68
    cloudy68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    145!!!!!!! I don't know what I am doing wrong -- my other readings are fine but my fasting goes up rather than down -- I am really depressed.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @cloudy68 am not sure about your history with diabetes and how much you know, but this sounds like a typical morning dump. This will disappear as you control FS better and continue to exercise and loose weight (if you are overweight). You can avoid carbs in the evening if you want to help the process. Thinking about it long term is best though. Just do the right things and you will get there!
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    not good
  • pennell12
    Options
    Does the "morning dump" go back to baseline after a few hours or does if affect the entire day's readings i.e. coming down slowly all day?
  • cloudy68
    cloudy68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, snha -- I just was diagnosed 5 weeks ago, not on any medication and have lost 5 pounds so far with 5 more to go - weight really not an issue. I think I am going to avoid all carbs in the evening and just try a protein snack right before bedtime to see if that will have any affect on my morning numbers. I am exercising also, but I did miss two days this week so that might be a problem.
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Options
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    163...ugh! too many evening carbs. old habits are so hard ...I had lower readings when eating mainly no carbs at dinner, but when I am away from home I seem to forget that little bit of info.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    91 :)
  • pennell12
    Options
    163...ugh! too many evening carbs. old habits are so hard ...I had lower readings when eating mainly no carbs at dinner, but when I am away from home I seem to forget that little bit of info.

Same here!

• jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    FBS today 83
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    110 I don't feel well this morning, stomach thing most of the night. Too much oil.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    85 :)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    153 : ( ....my fault, again gotta' plan more meals at home. But we were out at a car show...and I didn't eat until 11:00 pm. no excuses though, I could have(should have) left off the bun!
  • pennell12
    Options
    184 at 9AM and then 200 an hour later-- no food. Weird.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    151. Uggghh!!!