August Morning Coffee and Gratitude

Options
124»

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yay, Kathy. CONGRATS on the speedy heal.
    I'm grateful to have been awakened before 5 am by the sound of rain.
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Very cool Kathy- thanks for starting off my day in such a great way :)
  • seeingthelight
    Options
    Glad you are all healed amflautist!
    Sue
  • janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    Here it is, on my Top Ten Favorite Songs of all time... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LG12nJqfHc
    Oh yeah!! I remember that song! Love it!
  • janmoulder2
    Options
    I woke this morning with NO headache!!! I've had one every morning for about 10 days. Feeling good now!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Kathy, I loved that song as well. Thanks for posting it.

amflautist, glad you are over your injury.

Charlie, hope the dr. can reduce your meds when you go in for your visit.

I am very thankful for all my MFPals. Not too many in my day to day life that care about the things I am researching and putting into practice, it is so nice to have a spot to chat with others about getting fit and healthy, even at our age. DH is very supportive but he gets tired of talking about this stuff :).
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that TS Erika gave us a miss and before that Hurricane Danny died out before it got here. This is tempered by the sadness for the tragedy and devastation suffered by the people in Dominica. Here's hoping that there is no damage in the other islands nor in Florida. The forecast is looking better for Florida now than it was a few days ago.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    great news, amflautist!

Jan, continued good health to you!
  • janmoulder2
    Options
    Grateful for the rain we're having in the Puget Sound area of Washington. Hoping it makes it over the Cascades into Central and Eastern Washington and beyond. They need it there!!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Of only we could reroute Erika to the Cascades area. Front Range is getting lots of smoke haze still, it is a tad better today than last couple of days, but as an outside walker, I'll be happy when the forest fires are out and we get get clean air again.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @retirehappy Agreed with the smoke problem. Agree we should try to figure out how to lasso Erica, provided there's no lightning.
    Only one walk outside in two weeks because of the smoke. Didn't mind it was in the rain, and was so glad we got the soaking. We've had wind big enough our bald eagles didn't fly, and it isn't safe around our trees to walk when it's blowing.
    We're glad ti be lucky enough that the fires in our area were brought under control quickly.
  • seeingthelight
    Options
    Even here in western Michigan we see effects of the smoke in our skies. Hoping for clean air for all of you soon! You all could come visit MI, it is beautiful here with sun, warm air and water and lots of sand beaches!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Thankful the wind shifted and we can see the mountains again from our bedroom :).

MI, isn't that where the black flies party all summer and feast on the tourists???
  • seeingthelight
    Options
    So glad for your wind shift! No flies or even mosquitoes here, thank goodness, as I am allergic to the bites of both! Sometimes we run into flies out on the lake, while sailing, if the wind dies, but here on the west coast of MI, we generally have wind and don't have bugs and we have some of the best sailing and beaches in the world!
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Love west Michigan too! Heading up on Thursday and can't wait to be out on the lake. Rarely have flies to deal with either - maybe they know I bite back!