Suggestions for Low Carb Protein Powder that taste good

Options
2»

Replies

• kmhaley81
    kmhaley81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I drink quest protein powder every morning for breakfast, with water and one serving of peanut butter for extra fat and a little fiber. I mix it up in my nutribullet. It tastes awesome and fills me up until lunch.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @KETOGENICGURL thank you for your suggestions. I forgot about hemp hearts, I always have a bag in the cupboard and ran out of protein powder a few days ago. Just made a hemp heart, peanut butter, chocolate shake with almond milk. It was delicious.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I'm looking for a new one myself. I got an unflavored one. Blurg. It's "unflavor" shined through regardless of what I added.

Mine is 'unflavoured' also. It's revolting, but only has half a gram of carbs per 100g of powder. It is a whey isolate made here in New Zealand and our cows aren't fed growth hormones etc. Supposed to be a pretty good powder.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I do wish the low carb ones had a higher fat percentage. I haven't seen one yet that is lc hf

Atkins would be the only one I know of that would come close to this. I have a cafe carmel shake from them, 15 g protein and 9 g fat. So about half calories from fat if memories serve, 3 net carbs. Not really "hf" but better that way than the premier.
  • AlexisUPenn
    AlexisUPenn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    A great unflavored protein powder is Genepro, found on Amazon. The serving size is about a tablespoon and gives 30g protein and I think only 1-2g carbs

I also use inspire protein powder from bariatriceating.com
    They have many flavors as well as unflavored. Around 90-100 cals w 20 G protein and 1-3 grams carbs. Just caution if you put a large order in... Last time I had 5 items they only shipped one and their customer service is the WORST! It took 6 weeks to get the rest of the order. I never had that problem in the past with them. But now I'm hesitant to order again.
  • 915kat
    915kat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use the Unicity shakes and they have a low carb high protein shake meal replacement. I use it as a meal replacement on busy days.
  • CJay77
    CJay77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I sincerely appreciate all the suggestions. Can't wait to go shopping and get started with one of these!
  • boohooboo
    boohooboo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i drink isopure cookies and cream and also their chocolate. i like the cookies and cream better, though admittedly, i doctor it up with cocoa powder from time to time.