Choosing Your Challenge

Options
GrandmaJackie
GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Take as many challenges as you like! Just remember that your accumulated mileage can only be used for one challenge at a time, except for the coast to coast challenge where you can add up various states' mileage to reach your 2775 mile gaol.

The states:
Coast to Coast 2775 miles
Alabama 195 miles
Alaska 858 miles
Arizona 315 miles
Arkansas 227 miles
California 247 miles
Colorado 371 miles
Connecticut 80 miles
Delaware 36 miles
Florida 138 miles
Georgia 227 miles
Hawaii 75 miles
Idaho 302 miles
Illinois 212 miles
Indiana 139 miles
Iowa 310 miles
Kansas 390 miles
Kentucky 351 miles
Louisiana 177 miles
Maine 198 miles
Maryland 215 miles
Massachusetts 125 miles
Michigan 185 miles
Minnesota 273 miles
Mississippi 159 miles
Missouri 295 miles
Montana 546 miles
Nebraska 400 miles
Nevada 317 miles
New Hampshire 76 miles
New Jersey 72 miles
New Mexico 340 miles
New York 285 miles
North Carolina 396 miles
North Dakota 355 miles
Ohio 225 miles
Oklahoma 305 miles
Oregon 358 miles
Pennsylvania 286 miles
Rhode Island 27 miles
South Carolina 207 miles
South Dakota 379 miles
Tennessee 439 miles
Texas 661 miles
Utah 267 miles
Vermont 81 miles
Virginia 340 miles
Washington 335 miles
West Virginia 149 miles
Wisconsin 254 miles
Wyoming 348 miles

Post what state you are tackling and then add in your mileage when you log it! If you want to go by minutes lets use 10 minutes=1 mile.

This is going to be my first challenge:

Washington 335 miles:

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge, since I walk a lot -- I'm hoping to get out walking soon. 30 degrees is my cutoff for walking, and its just been too cold. But if we can count minutes, this will encourage me to get out on my ellipitical - cold or not!

But my challenge will be:

Missouri, 295 miles

Jackie - did I do this right?
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I love this challenge, since I walk a lot -- I'm hoping to get out walking soon. 30 degrees is my cutoff for walking, and its just been too cold. But if we can count minutes, this will encourage me to get out on my ellipitical - cold or not!

But my challenge will be:

Missouri, 295 miles

Jackie - did I do this right?

Yes, that's perfect, Joan! Welcome to the group!!!!!!

• Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,581 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think this idea, I'm going to Pennsylvania 286 miles. is there a time limit that we need to have it finished by? and I can track the miles on my fitbit. and when do we start?
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think this idea, I'm going to Pennsylvania 286 miles. is there a time limit that we need to have it finished by? and I can track the miles on my fitbit. and when do we start?

Welcome to the group, Des! There's no time limit everyone can start when they want! Plus, yes you can track your miles using your Fitbit!

Also if anyone wants to use a ticker, here's the link:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am going to do Arizona 315 miles. Sounds like fun!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    kathim429 wrote: »
    I am going to do Arizona 315 miles. Sounds like fun!!

Welcome, it does sound fun, :D
  • aNewMiniMe
    aNewMiniMe Posts: 116 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Being a true Washingtonian I am walking across Washington or 335 miles! I will be doing walking and elliptical for most of my "walk" and am hoping for a few warm days to add some bike miles. I will keep a running record starting with January 1, 2015 and see how long it takes me to reach my goal.

Thanks Jackie for the challenge. B)

** If I do a circuit workout I will count every 15 mins as 1 mile. That's about my walking pace. 4 mph or 1 mile every 15 minutes.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I'm in for Rhode Island. It's so cold out I need extra incentive to exercise since walking outside hasn't been a good option.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    This sound like great fun! I am starting with Calif 247 miles with an end goal of going coast to coast.

How or where do we log our miles?
  • jnowak21
    jnowak21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Colorado 371 miles!!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    This sound like great fun! I am starting with Calif 247 miles with an end goal of going coast to coast.

How or where do we log our miles?

I started another thread plus there's a link for a ticker!

• dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi im kate xx id like to start with Rhode island too 27 miles mainly treadmill fast pace & zumba x <3
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I picked my challenge!!

Montana 546 miles

I'm turning 50 next month and for my 50th birthday we are thinking of going to Montana this summer to bum around for a week! So my first challenge will be to walk Montana!! Does the 546 miles include hiking up and down the mountains (hehe)!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I picked my challenge!!

Montana 546 miles

I'm turning 50 next month and for my 50th birthday we are thinking of going to Montana this summer to bum around for a week! So my first challenge will be to walk Montana!! Does the 546 miles include hiking up and down the mountains (hehe)!

Sure it includes hiking up and down the mountains! I'm looking forward to us relocating back to Washington State to get some hiking in!

• GrandmaJackie
    Options
    rivka_m wrote: »
    I'm in for Rhode Island. It's so cold out I need extra incentive to exercise since walking outside hasn't been a good option.

I hear you needing extra incentive about getting outside in the cold, :)

• bandxgeek13
    bandxgeek13 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie! Saw this challenge in one of your statuses and thought I'd join in on the fun.

Since I'm a Marylander, I'm going to start out with Maryland - 215 miles. I'm also going to give myself a time goal of May 31st to push myself to get those miles.

Most of my miles will be done on the treadmill/elliptical for now. Hopefully will get outside some once the weather gets better!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Hi Jackie! Saw this challenge in one of your statuses and thought I'd join in on the fun.

Since I'm a Marylander, I'm going to start out with Maryland - 215 miles. I'm also going to give myself a time goal of May 31st to push myself to get those miles.

Most of my miles will be done on the treadmill/elliptical for now. Hopefully will get outside some once the weather gets better!

Wecome to the challenge! The treadmill has helped me when the weather was TOO hot in Las Vegas!

• roxyish71
    roxyish71 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think I will wander my way across new jersey for 72 miles.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I pick Michigan (185 miles). Do we start now or in a week?
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    nannersp61 wrote: »
    I pick Michigan (185 miles). Do we start now or in a week?

If want you can start now or wait next week this challenge! You go at your own pace.Welcome!!!!