Introductions!

Options
Jamerz888
Jamerz888 Posts: 92 Member
Hey! I'm Jamie. 27 years old, and 242 lbs!! Yikes! Never a runner.. Let's see how this goes!!

Replies

• 4Titaa
    4Titaa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the group. My name is Trisha, 37 yrs old,NOT A RUNNER lol,and 208 lbs.
    I am starting my c5k today I have Tryed the c5k b4 but never went past week one;-/ I honestly have dreams of running I want to be able to run one day.
    Well let's kick some bootie!!! C25K !!!!
  • Jamerz888
    Options
    Hey Trisha! Welcome!! I have never gotten past week 1 either!! Yeah! Let's do this!!
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! I was checking to see if there was a C25K group...cause there should be! Haha.
    Never dreamed I would find a group with folks so close to the same day as me!!!
    I'm 54 and NOT a runner either, but would love to be!
    This is my first time doing C25K. I'm 5' 6'' and 198.5.

From what I read in the tip info on the C25K app itself, it's better to make sure you have good techniques..running and breathing, to avoid injury down the line.
    I finished W1D2 yesterday and I really concentrated on breathing with my stomach and only inhaling and exhaling through my nose so that I get the correct breathing down. (I am a chest breather, through my nose and exhale through mouth...all wrong for running apparently!)

Thank you for starting this group!
  • Jamerz888
    Options
    That is awesome!! Welcome! I didn't know that about the breathing! Thank you!!
  • banannikamarie
    banannikamarie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Annika. I'm 20 years old and 192 pounds. I did C25K for the first time today. I've always hated running but actually enjoyed it today!
  • Jamerz888
    Options
    Yay! That's great! Welcome Annika!
  • lmnopeterson
    lmnopeterson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Laura, I'm 29 years old and 285 pounds as of yesterday... When I started running this summer I was 302. I'm about to finish W6D3 tomorrow and I can't wait. It's such an encouraging program - if you stick to it you'll be amazed and how far/long you can run. I know I am
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi! I'm Laura, I'm 29 years old and 285 pounds as of yesterday... When I started running this summer I was 302. I'm about to finish W6D3 tomorrow and I can't wait. It's such an encouraging program - if you stick to it you'll be amazed and how far/long you can run. I know I am

That's so great to hear Laura! Since you are so far ahead of me (I'm on W2D1 yesterday), do you have any tips or advice you could share?

If you do, I already started a "tips" thread for the group and would love it if you could share your wisdom there or PM me.

:flowerforyou:
  • Jamerz888
    Options

That is awesome!! Welcome!! I can't wait to see how far I can push myself! I love it so far! You lost that much doing just the program?? Or are you doing other things as well? Congrats!!

• lmnopeterson
    lmnopeterson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jamerz! I started eating better too because I'm on vacation for the summer and surrounded by fresh and healthy foods, and because I found crummy eating made running harder. I'm not working this summer, so I have made running a big focus. And water! The exercise has been a huge part of it but drinking tons of water has been as or more important, I think.

Cycletrak I did that, posted what I could think of at the moment in the tips thread. Thanks for being so welcoming!
  • VenturaCo_Grown
    VenturaCo_Grown Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm Yvonne 174 lbs and not a runner. Signed up for my first color run on Oct. 17th and need to start training! I need peeps to hold me accountable. My goal is to job the entire thing without stopping!!
  • PrinnyPoo
    PrinnyPoo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Mandie. I did my first 5k as a total WALK and was grateful to finally cross the finish line. I'm preparing for another this fall and scared so here I am. I started C25K but I can't even get through one session o.o working it though!
  • Jamerz888
    Options
    Hi guys welcome!! @PrinnyPoo I totally understand that w1 day 1&2 I had to stop halfway and rest. Don't be hard on yourself just keep going!! You got this!
  • caiti12
    caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I want to try this. Is there a particular app that is good?
  • caiti12
    caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 245 pounds. I'm not a runner but use to be a million years ago. I wanted to run a marathon, had started running again & then life happened . . . instead I gained 100 pounds over the past 10 years. Now, I'm 37 and I'd like to run a 1/2 marathon (secretly a full marathon but a 1/2 sounds attainable) when I'm 40. So, I started walking but have no clear plan to success other than a plan to do a 5k turkey trot on Thanksgiving.
  • cchonka
    cchonka Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Claudia. My 11 year old son and I will be starting the program on Monday. We're still in the 90's here but this weekend it will be dipping down in the 80's as highs. I can't wait to start.
  • LC_onelove
    LC_onelove Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    caiti12 wrote: »
    I want to try this. Is there a particular app that is good?

I am using the Fitness 22 app. I really like it. However, the distance is not very accurate. My last run it said I went 16km. Ummm....nope! :wink:

• LC_onelove
    Options
    cchonka wrote: »
    Hello. I'm Claudia. My 11 year old son and I will be starting the program on Monday. We're still in the 90's here but this weekend it will be dipping down in the 80's as highs. I can't wait to start.

Hot and humid here today! Next week is looking great, but that won't help for my run today! Lol! I'm pushing on through the heat! :)
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    It's been hot and humid here as well. I'm in Illinois. I'm looking forward to it cooling off!
  • LC_onelove
    Options
    I am in South Dakota. I am looking forward to it getting cooler also, but NOT looking forward to winter!! Brrr! It gets pretty cold here sometimes, but the wind is the worst part!