Options
2»

Replies

• dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    brocantrs wrote: »
    HillOE wrote: »
    And if you have AAA in the US (you'd need to look up your country's auto club rules if not), you and your bike count as a vehicle and qualify for the road services you would get with the car. So if you need a lift because of 1 too many flats, AAA will come and pick you and your bike up and take you the distance you would be granted under the car towing allowance. I've never used it, but my friend has. That's kinda handy for a solo ride.

Nice, didn't know that!

The same thing applies in Canada with a CAA membership. I always carry my card with me just in case.

• mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just ordered & received a pair of hi-viz material that velcros around the tubes on my bike from BikeWrappers.com. Easy to put on, they just wrap around the bike frame. $45 bucks. Very impressed with the reflection of the grey side when it hits the car headlights. Lights up like a freakin' white stripe. Then in the bright sun I use the hi-viz "volt" color. Reflection off the store windows was amazed how I stick out, all that obnoxious color. Driver's have to be looking at their phone not to see me!

I added Bike Wrappers to my bikes too. And I also began wearing this reflective band on my evening walks and rides. That and my RoadID are now both mandatory kit for me.

3riqfc4jgg35.jpg
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I like the reflective hand band! May have to add that to my arm for those dark mornings signaling turns.
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I like the reflective hand band! May have to add that to my arm for those dark mornings signaling turns.

Yup, it's easy to pack along and very reflective. At less than $4 each from Bike Wrappers, I bought two of them. No buyer's remorse at all. I also bought their reflective Arm Warmers for colder weather.