Today, I...

Options
I hope no one else thinks this is silly, but I know this kind of stuff helps me!

I thought we could start a thread where we talked about what we did today to help ourselves reach our goals, or what we did that went away from out goals - but what we learned from it.

Our challenge start is still next week, but I'm already I that mindset and would love if some of you guys wanted to jump on this train with me!

So today, I spent a good portion of my break doing yoga, and not eating stupid things.
<sunglasses emoji>

Replies

• Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Today I pulled out my food scale. And put batteries tobuy for it on the list. :p I indulged in a salmon omelet for breakfast with cheeses and buttery toast. Before the games begin! B)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Today I went to the pub and wiped out ky deficit with booze. But to be fair, this happens every Monday, so I am going to learn to expect this and adjust my weekly calorie goal to reflect this :)
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread, great idea.

Today i am having a very relaxing day, no picnics, had 2 already this weekend. Just spending time relaxing poolside. Staying on track for staying under my calorie goal for today
  • cmv2003
    cmv2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Today I'm feeling focussed and ready. Heading out for a hike in the beautiful Lighthouse Park. Pre-measured snacks packed for once so I don't blow all the good work on chips and chocolate!
  • viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @Micheller1210 - nice going. I should really toss some batteries in mine, but I'm sort of scared to touch them with how long they've been in there right now 8)

@NoIdea101NoIdea - that's a plan in place! which is all you really need.

@matthewsfive - thank you! I appreciate it. this kind of stuff always helps me not feel so alone in all the struggle. that's a ton of picnics, though. o_o

@cmv2003 - nice job! lighthouse park sounds lovely, we have one by the same name here. C:
  • shylady76
    shylady76 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Today I just took it easy. Relaxing at home after 4 very busy weeks at work. Can't wait for things to slow down a bit and get back to a normal.
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Did a little home shopping at the hardware... a few trips actually, to redo some bathroom plumbing. Enjoyed a movie with my oldest and my MIL and cooked a delicious low carb dinner for everyone. ... went over on calories today, but stayed below my carb. ..
  • LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Today I started going through my transition of summer to winter clothes. Filled a garbage bag full that are now to big and gave to the church. Felt good to give and gave me motivation to keep up on my journey. I used to hold on to clothes "in case" I gained back. Broke the habit today because I have no intentions of "in case".
  • Micheller1210
    Options
    Today I went shopping, for groceries and veggies and fruit to juice o:) seeds and nuts and also bought glass containers with the snap lids. For food prep B)
  • Micheller1210
    Options
    Today I started going through my transition of summer to winter clothes. Filled a garbage bag full that are now to big and gave to the church. Felt good to give and gave me motivation to keep up on my journey. I used to hold on to clothes "in case" I gained back. Broke the habit today because I have no intentions of "in case".
    I need to do that, I did purge my kitchen cupboards getting rid of dishes I don't use and food that were past expiration and will not eat, feels good huh.?
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Well I am moving from overseas back to the USA in November, so each day I am working on decluttering and getting rid of items that I no longer need, use, or want. So I hit the book shelves and just started to chuck out books...actually will donate them to an animal society garage sale, but feels great to 'downsize'. I am also trying to build back up to 10,000 steps a day using my fitbit and paying attention (being mindful) of what I am eating.
  • tiaj013
    tiaj013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today has been tough for me
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    T
    tiaj013 wrote: »
    Today has been tough for me

Sorry to hear that and I hope tomorrow is better. Today I went to the pond and fed the ducks, we gave our big pup a bath, hubby grilled steaks and I made a peach crisp to go along with our Blue Bell Ice cream. Wednesday is my birthday and I plan on celebrating all week, just have to watch the calories and make sure I exercise.

• unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

I just did this myself. I let a few of my friends go through the heap of stuff I was giving away and it felt good telling everyone the reason was that the clothes were way way to big and I never want to be there again. Goodbye cute fat clothes hello new cute clothes lol.
  • LadyScorpio67
    Options
    [quote=I need to do that, I did purge my kitchen cupboards getting rid of dishes I don't use and food that were past expiration and will not eat, feels good huh.?
    [/quote]

Felt very good! My kitchen will be next. Some of the things that haven't expired, I'll take into my guys at work, heck, even make it for them maybe.
  • LadyScorpio67
    edited September 2015
    Options
    That's what I'm looking forward to! I had to see what I need to get before the winter months hit.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Today back to work and stay on track.
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Today I tried to plan my meals ahead of time to make sure I don't go over my calorie count. I'm also doing a lot of cleaning today so hopefully that will help me be active. I am going to lift weights.
  • cmv2003
    cmv2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Today and tomorrow I am on a course, happy to find great healthy food options here for lunch, and have so far avoided the pastries!
  • Micheller1210
    Options
    catladyksa wrote: »
    Well I am moving from overseas back to the USA in November, so each day I am working on decluttering and getting rid of items that I no longer need, use, or want. So I hit the book shelves and just started to chuck out books...actually will donate them to an animal society garage sale, but feels great to 'downsize'. I am also trying to build back up to 10,000 steps a day using my fitbit and paying attention (being mindful) of what I am eating.

I use a fit bit and I love it! Wearing it keeps me challenged, plus my work supports it,now my husband has one. We are always trying to out do one another.

I' collect books, my husband is forever threatening to toss them out,every time we move. I did get rid of a few, but it's growing again