Carry on or do a reset, feedback please.

Options
124»

Replies

• rockstar53
    rockstar53 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I also have been following your story here. I totally understand your frustration. I'm sorry I can't give you advice, as I am afraid I am learning from you! LOL! Keep your chin up. Maybe stress played apart of it this week?
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I had made it through my Body Flex class and did pretty well with that. But when I tried to use the machines at my current levels, my trainer stopped me pretty quickly. I seem to be good at form, and she could see I was totally off today. She told me I didn't look well and cancelled our session today. Then I realized just how wiped out in general I am from my stressful weekend. I also am functioning on about a third of the sleep I would usually have gotten.

I hope to get more sleep tonight and start back at it tomorrow. On a bright note I found my old work out vhs tapes, I thought they went to a charity box ages ago. So I have some new tapes to workout to at home. I seem to be working out more and more at home these days and with winter not far away, I will need to work out in home more.

Thanks for listening :)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add, I wonder, too, if it is partly stress from hubby being hospitalized. Glad he is doing OK. Also, hope my post didn't sound critical.
  • retirehappy
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Forgot to add, I wonder, too, if it is partly stress from hubby being hospitalized. Glad he is doing OK. Also, hope my post didn't sound critical.

No worries you didn't sound critical at all. I didn't post enough info about my eating level. Which due to this stress is lowering daily, I have to eat more. DH's meds have made him lose his appetite and I am just forgetting to eat too because of that. Trying to get the calories back up to the correct levels.

I just got my new Fitbit report so will be tweaking using that. I need to up my eating level, I am going too low. I am going to add 200 cals. daily for this week and see if I see any movement. That will take me near maintenance level again.

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    Good luck, hope it helps. I have been trying to do like Heybales was saying on one forum to do a moving calorie goal. (Taking 15% off my weekly Fitbit TDEE report & then eating my calorie adjustment--at least that's the way I understood it) Can't say for sure if it is working, because my weight is up & down daily, but overall trend is slightly down over time. (& a few days I have over eaten, too. :( )
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    @retirehappy - good job seeing that. It can be hard to keep eating appropriate to activity levels when other stuff is going on.
    Now, the question is - if/when you were pregnant with kids - did he also match your eating level, like eating for 2 as the saying goes?
    If so, then you can tell him you were merely trying to imitate his concern, but just as it wasn't good for him then, it's not good for you now.

@RetiredAndLovingIt - Unless there was something else going on with that topic specifically, if you are taking 15% of a rolling TDEE average which includes exercise, then you actually need to unsync accounts and don't do calorie adjustments.
    If the 15% is off an average of non-exercise days only, then you would indeed eat back exercise calories, but you could knock off 15% there too for a total 15% deficit.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    @retirehappy - good job seeing that. It can be hard to keep eating appropriate to activity levels when other stuff is going on.
    Now, the question is - if/when you were pregnant with kids - did he also match your eating level, like eating for 2 as the saying goes?
    If so, then you can tell him you were merely trying to imitate his concern, but just as it wasn't good for him then, it's not good for you now.

No kids, no such history :). I was just so worried about him and what was going on with him. I neglected to notice till after the fact how little I had eaten as well. My bad, not his :)

What I decided to do is reconnect the Fitbit and MFP, set MFP to very active level, set negative calories adjustments to ON, and set MFP to lose 1 lb. per week. So I was amazed to see that MFP starts me out at 1710 cals. and will adjust according to my daily burns now. I get less on lighter activity days and more on higher days. 1750 was what I thought I should be eating at, so having MFP now start out near that number seems pretty freeing for me. If this works, I really don't expect to see 1lb. per week gone but hopefully I will see the .5 lb. I want weekly to start to come off in the upcoming couple of weeks. I'll let the apps do their adjustments. Hoping this will work out okay for me.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Haven't updated for a while. I am slowly, ever so slowly losing the 5 lbs. I had put on during my reset.

Good news is I have lost two sizes since starting, I get to eat more and feel so much stronger and have so much more energy, and my husband has had health issues that has cut into my "me time, for training" but I am still feeling successful at this. I also ran into someone at the fitness center who had been gone most of the summer, she thought I had dropped 10 lbs. I have lost @10 ins. this summer but no new weight loss, I am still getting back down to my reset start weight, couple of lbs to go.

Bad news? Guess there isn't any really, I have decided that the scale does not rule my life. The only bad side of all of this is I didn't start this first thing when I joined MFP!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    Wow! 2 sizes that is amazing! Congrats! & eating more is always good, lol.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

I always love those questions of "wow, how much weight did you lose?"
    "None" (or couple lbs).
    "What?" as they look you up and down trying to figure out why they were so wrong.
    Then you can help them - "I'm not sure how much fat weight I've lost, but I've gotten stronger, faster, able to leap .... oh wait".