Oh to be a nearly 13yo boy...

Options
2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My husband (6'1" - used to be very lean) used to eat 5 square meals per day in his twenties, and they were large meals. His metabolism finally slowed in his 30's and he switched two of his meals to snacks.... He's not lean anymore and drops one of his snacks if he wants to lose 10 lbs. LOL I wish it was that easy for me to lose.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,472 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My son, who will be 13 on the 29th of this month and measures in at a whopping 5' 9.5" and 104lbs, woke up at 8am, devoured nearly 500 calories of eggs, butter, cheese, turkey sausage and 2% milk, then went back to bed (after mostly successfully cleaning up after himself).

I am sure he will wake up at 10am starving, lol

I was wrong... dang kid grew again... 5'10 and 1/4"! Good gravy. Still only 104.6lbs though, ugh. If it wasn't for the fact that he is disgustingly healthy and moderately active, I'd worry about that weight :P

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    My son, who will be 13 on the 29th of this month and measures in at a whopping 5' 9.5" and 104lbs, woke up at 8am, devoured nearly 500 calories of eggs, butter, cheese, turkey sausage and 2% milk, then went back to bed (after mostly successfully cleaning up after himself).

I am sure he will wake up at 10am starving, lol

I was wrong... dang kid grew again... 5'10 and 1/4"! Good gravy. Still only 104.6lbs though, ugh. If it wasn't for the fact that he is disgustingly healthy and moderately active, I'd worry about that weight :P

I'm with you. Don't worry. My son has been under the 5% percentile on the weight chart since he was 12 weeks old. I can't tell you how many health professionals have been concerned about how thin he is. He eats plenty, has lots of energy and is alert. He's still skinny at 14, growing taller pretty quickly and eating heaps of food. Just like people who put on weight easily, there are people who don't. If I could chose, I'd rather be skinny. ;)

• KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    My college has an all you can eat dinner service. The guys I was eating with the other day each had between 6-8 slices of pizza(big slices), 2-3 helpings of salad, a burger and fries, sushi, and then cake for dessert. They also carried about half a pizza back to their dorms for 'late night munchies'. I honestly don't know how their stomachs fit inside of them!

I remember those days in college

We also did crazy amounts of exercise.

The college was on a hill. 3 miles down
    To a big intersection and convenience store

After stuffing down lunch we would take one class then run 6 miles up and down that hill every week day

That wasn't exercise

We lifted 3 days a week.

And had part time jobs and full time students

I don't know how young bodies survive

And yeah... We dated chics that worked at restaurants on occasion that would bring us food too! Ha!

I know I ate 5000 calories a day easy and never gained a pound!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, which god was forever ago it seems, I had a friend who was 6'2", skinny as a bean pole. He'd eat 4 lunch trays at lunch and then all the leftovers from every one elses. He is also the only person I have ever known to be kicked out of a buffet..... My husband was there when it happened and I know it to be true LOL. They were there 4 hours...... All the other guys had finished and was just watching him put plate after plate back until the manager comp'd his meal and asked him to leave. :| His mother would cook him a giant stock pot of soup for one meal.

I have no idea where he put it all. Even now he's not fat, although no longer lanky and bean pole thin, and still eats that way.

Better educate him on CICO. :)