I just can't.....

Options
Sajyana
Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
get motivated to vacuum the house. I swear the vacuum sucks up my soul.

Replies

• minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Put some bacon on it? I have to vacuum twice a day and hate it. My worst one is washing dishes.
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My vacuum broke yesterday. Solved that problem.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    lol.. I have put if off for 3 days... but today I MUST... I hate cleaning in general. But I also hate a dirty house!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Gnulie wrote: »
    My vacuum broke yesterday. Solved that problem.

Epic win.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I can loan you my shop vac. :-)
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I loathe vacuuming to the point that when we bought our house, I had tile floors installed throughout.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    Put some bacon on it? I have to vacuum twice a day and hate it. My worst one is washing dishes.

Kill the person who is making you vacuum... But seriously do you *have* to? Lower your standards, woman, and welcome to the world of once a week vacuuming! :D We have laminate floors mostly though and my kids are a bit older now (11 and nearly 9). Used to have to do it about every other day.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad my husband vacuums. I didn't really realize I never did it until he posted a picture of me on Facebook that said it was the first time he'd ever seen me operate a vacuum cleaner... and it was after having lived together for more than 3 years. Oops. :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I hate laundry.There are 3 baskets sitting here staring at me with evil eyes. You fold that crap, and I'll vacuum for ya.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I hate laundry.There are 3 baskets sitting here staring at me with evil eyes. You fold that crap, and I'll vacuum for ya.

I don't mind washing, drying, folding, and sorting. But putting away? That *kitten*'s for the birds!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Stop binge watching on Netflix....
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    lol I posted a whole new thread because I can't adult or interwebz today. oops It's Monday, but on Wednesday this week.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Ha! I was just thinking last night that I wish someone else would vacuum my house. And I have wall-to-wall carpeting!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible about vacuuming - usually only in time for our quarterly inspections!! (Low income rental property, so state mandated...LOL).
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    ... work up the enthusiasm for driving 4+ hours this Friday and Sunday. That drive suuuucks.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha I'm there with you. I've lowered my standards until I sit down and realize how dirty my house is. And when I say dirty I'm looking at the laundry basket on the floor, the blankets and pillows used to make a fort, and socks galore, I think there is a shooting match going on behind my back with dirty socks. Not so bad now but gonna suck when we have to wear socks again. lol
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My poor fish would appreciate it if I did a partial water change for them, but I've been going all day like the energizer sunny bunny and have to finish work before they get a clean tank. They don't understand are I think they are giving me the stink eye.
  • CJ0821
    CJ0821 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Oh man... I hate laundry too!!! I will vacuum over laundry any day!
  • DebraWilliams1
    DebraWilliams1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure out how to fit a cleaning service into my budget, LOL. Even once a month so I can have a week off.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hahaaaa Sajyana! You vaccuum sucks up your soul!! Wow! That is one powerful vaccuum!! Mine barely gets all the dog hair! Not sure I want to switch brands for your though.
    I've been trying to figure out how to fit a cleaning service into my budget, LOL. Even once a month so I can have a week off.

I hear you! I rent three of our 4 bedrooms to students. Allows us to live on our income, but MAN ALIVE they do not clean and it's hard to keep up with them. I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Maybe bartering? Do you have a skill or something you like to do that they might trade for? that is quite a thing now adays around here. lol... although... I put that out there and have not investigated it myself. Gah! I'm too busy sweeping and cleaning crap off the counters! lmao!