Repost - Who else struggles with this?

Options
I thought this would be a great post in the thread section - I put it in the announcement "Motivation" thread but wanted to get a discussion started on tip and tricks of how to Make the Decision. I realize no ones perfect and everyone slips up - but I'm in this routine of doing great during the week and the weekends I lose my focus and slip too much.
*************************************************************************************************
I love Chalene Johnson - she is so motivating, and kicks *****! Today I saw she posted this on her Facebook page. Oddly enough this is exactly why my user name is what it is. Change is a Decision! I have been struggling with this "change" for a while now. I haven't MADE the decision to say NO to things that I know aren't moving towards my goals. Hence me joining this group! #thestruggleisreal - Who else is struggling with this?

"You have the opportunity to CHOOSE that this week will be good or bad! Maybe you aren't in control of what happens this week but you are in control of how you handle what happens. Will you go about things in a positive way? I'd encourage you to do that! Make a change and decide that this week will be a good one."

4utbqcr1ejai.jpg

Replies

• Rachface13
    Rachface13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This has been my toughest hurdle, by far. I love cooking- no problem. I've been having a blast walking with friends and getting exercise in- no problem. But my weekends? That's when I drink which means that's when I eat bad. Week after week after week I felt like such a failure come Monday- even if I didn't slip up too bad. Just knowing I didn't give it my best like I had all week made me so mad. So, beginning last weekend, I finally made the decision that I only drink one out of the three weekend days and I still workout Saturday and Sunday. Friday has been my only day in almost two weeks that I haven't worked out somehow. I still drank and ate some bad food on Saturday but I didn't feel like I let the whole weekend take over. It's hard and it sucks but I'm working too hard throughout the week to let my weekends control my lack of weight loss. You can do it but you have to start making some different choices. Good luck!!!
  • mrsgollihue
    mrsgollihue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I struggle as well. I do really good for a while, then fall back in bad habits and we all know weight goes on quicker than you can get it off! But, my biggest struggle right now is balancing working out, cooking meals (versus going out), and having a baby. Our daughter is 9 1/2 months old and she is teething. She's going through a phase where she only wants to be held and cries if she is put down. She didn't do this previously and only started after she began teething. However, I remind myself on a daily basis that I am getting healthy for me. I am getting healthy for her and my husband. I am getting healthy so I can be the mama I always dreamed I would be. 80 lbs down and still going. The road I have left to travel is far, but no where near where I began! So thankful to have this group to help keep me accountable!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Rachface13 wrote: »
    This has been my toughest hurdle, by far. I love cooking- no problem. I've been having a blast walking with friends and getting exercise in- no problem. But my weekends? That's when I drink which means that's when I eat bad. ...I only drink one out of the three weekend days and I still workout Saturday and Sunday. ...I still drank and ate some bad food on Saturday but I didn't feel like I let the whole weekend take over. It's hard and it sucks but I'm working too hard throughout the week to let my weekends control my lack of weight loss. You can do it but you have to start making some different choices. Good luck!!!

Love this idea @Rachface13 - and I think I can talk my BFF to do it too. But she and I feed off each other so we'll have to be prepared for when one wants to jump off the wagon. The other problem is our hubbys make really good home brew so we always have great tasting beer on tap. But you're right - pick a day - but still work out Sat/Sun and then at least our whole wknd isn't shot b/c we made bad decisions. And we also LOVE to cook so that just adds to the "non-decision" making. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I struggle as well. I do really good for a while, then fall back in bad habits and we all know weight goes on quicker than you can get it off! But, my biggest struggle right now is balancing working out, cooking meals (versus going out), and having a baby. ... a daily basis that I am getting healthy for me. I am getting healthy for her and my husband. I am getting healthy so I can be the mama I always dreamed I would be. 80 lbs down and still going. The road I have left to travel is far, but no where near where I began! So thankful to have this group to help keep me accountable!

Hey @mrsgollihue - I'm with ya! There are SO many reasons - and I say reasons b/c sometimes it's not an "excuse" although I'm sure others would disagree - but Life does get in the way. Especially when you've got a little one. However the only thing getting in my way is MYSELF! :p I have the exercise down (for the most part) I could do better on the weekends and I will now that summer (hot~hot~hot) is almost over. But keep chugging away - making even small healthy decisions is progress. And like you said - this group is to keep you motivated. Let's start making even small good choices. I'm going to staple a post-it to my forehead... ha! :D