The Last Goodbye

soniams
soniams Posts: 95 Member
I threw out my last box of tampons today. I had kept them around, not sure when the right time to toss them would be. It's been 14 months since I lasted needed them. It feels like an important life moment. A farewell forever, albeit a very welcome one. It also feels a bit anticlimactic. Seems like I should somehow mark the occasion in someway. So this post is an attempt to do so.

Maybe I'll get some ice cream to celebrate :smile:

Replies

• Nursebnrn
    Nursebnrn Posts: 6 Member
    You're done when it's been 12 months, so I think you're safe to throw them away! On to a new chapter. Enjoy your ice cream in celebration.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    How fortunate for you! A celebration is in order.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Congrats!!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Congrats!

I bought what I believe will be my last box the other day. I look forward to giving them away!!!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    jealous...mine was gone for 6 months and now the past 2, regular as can be. seriously, I'm over it! :wink:
  • Bikerchickmomma
    Bikerchickmomma Posts: 99 Member
    I gave the last of my stash to my daughter when I was one year past. Good riddance. It was a long row to hoe. Welcome to a new chapter of life!!
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Go buy yourself all new underwear! Nice to know you can always wear the "good" underwear! You have joined the Pretty Panty Club!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Congrats! Nice to know it's finally over.

I've got them stashed everywhere "just in case" since I've 3 periods in the last 21 months and never know when it could happen. Though it seems to usually be at the most inconvenient time (valentine's day, holiday, Christmas vacation while driving to Florida! )
  • cindaymom wrote: »
    Go buy yourself all new underwear! Nice to know you can always wear the "good" underwear! You have joined the Pretty Panty Club!

• tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Congratulations! I went 11 months and then had one in June. :( I haven't had one since, so here's hoping!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    I'm curious as I haven't skipped more than one cycle so far.

Do you feel full or bloated when you don't have a period for so many months?

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I'm curious as I haven't skipped more than one cycle so far.

Do you feel full or bloated when you don't have a period for so many months?

Or cranky? :D
    I find that often my PMS starts on time, and continues until I finally get a period. Even if it's 60 days late.