Let's Jumpstart This Group!!!

Options
No, theme for this post... Simply chat. Talk about anything you want diet related. Likes, dislikes, struggles, victories, questions, comments, updates... ANYTHING! I lost 92lbs with the help of this group and I wanna save it!

Replies

• Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Just started Atkins on Saturday. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I need some ideas for easy meals. I'm getting really tired of eggs, not a huge fan.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I like Atkins diet. I find I am not hungry and have some trouble eating all that I should. I am watching my nutritional goals to make sure I get what I need.

When guests came this weekend, they brought everything we shouldn't be eating. It was very difficult to meet the needs of being a good host and still watch the diet. It is very hard to sit in front of a bowl of chips and not dig in.

I feel better being back on plan today and maybe that is the lesson. I feel better when I am on Atkins. Good reason to avoid the chips.
  • angievanhill
    angievanhill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Started on Sunday.. I'm not even hungry because I know my options aren't what I WANT! Out of "I don't know what to eat today", I grabbed a hard boiled egg and string cheese for lunch. Lol, the STRUGGLE IS REAL! What can I do to make this easier on me besides prep, prep, prep..
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Melmo1988 wrote: »
    Just started Atkins on Saturday. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I need some ideas for easy meals. I'm getting really tired of eggs, not a huge fan.

The Atkins site has some ideas but I hear you on the eggs. Angievanhill has it right, prep, prep, prep. It got better for me when I stopped thinking of breakfast as having breakfast like stuff. My current fav is a slice of tomato with bacon and cheese melted on top.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Started on Sunday.. I'm not even hungry because I know my options aren't what I WANT! Out of "I don't know what to eat today", I grabbed a hard boiled egg and string cheese for lunch. Lol, the STRUGGLE IS REAL! What can I do to make this easier on me besides prep, prep, prep..

I use a base of greens, baby spinach usually and make a salad with lots of good stuff in it. Cut up egg, a very few almonds, a very few little toms, some cucs, egg or salmon, or bacon and a good dressing. It is quite filling.