I just can't.....

Options
2»

Replies

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    :D I haven't vacuumed in like a fortnight. Our house is mostly tiled so I sweep the kitchen but Spring is here and the cat is molting everywhere and we've had a couple of parties. It really needs to be done because there's another party on the weekend. My daughter is having a dessert bar party for her birthday.

I would SO swap doing laundry for the vacuuming. Seriously! You have a deal.

Netflix? I wish. I'm in Australia with the freaking slowest internet. I tried streaming Netflix. It keeps stopping to buffer and the sound doesn't keep up with the pictures. *sigh*

I didn't vacuum. I baked instead. Then tidied up, then looked around the net for the cost of building a gaming pc, then played Candy Crush and tried to fix the shower head. God, I hate vacuuming. I must do it today though.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I gave up on cleaning, I swear the time it takes me to clean from one end of the house to the other is precisely how long it takes spider webs and dust to re accumulate.
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Not much of a house cleaner either. I just wait until its really dusty and use a leaf blower. It works well
  • jayne12469
    jayne12469 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Gave up on the vacuuming and got myself a Roomba. Love that thing!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've drooled over the robo vacs. How well do they work?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I hate toilet cleaning. As the only female in the house, I get miffed that I'm the one who cleans up.
  • jayne12469
    jayne12469 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    I've drooled over the robo vacs. How well do they work?

I love mine. I have her scheduled to run automatically every day downstairs on the laminate floors, and I pick her up and cart her upstairs every other day or so and turn her loose on the carpeting. She gets tangled up with a cat toy every so often, and I make sure there are no electrical cords in her path. Keeps me in the habit of having no clutter lying around, and the best part is she fits under the sofa!

I still get out the big vacuum for the stairs and baseboards and some tight spots she can't get into, but I love not coming home to cat-hair-tumbleweed every day!

• Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I had a Roomba several years ago, and it got an incredible amount of cat hair than my central vac missed. Had to spent a lot of time cutting the hair out of the brushed though. Very expensive but it worked great for couple of years and I was very happy with it then the battery stopped holding a charge. My wife had got one for the carpet in her office, same story, 2 years later it became run down and too tired to work. I also got a cheaper model Rumba for my basement workshop, good for it getting under machinery where I could not get a regular vacuum. After 2 years the computer caused it to tun in circles and/or randomly turn off in inaccesable spaces and become useless.

We ended up replacing the carpet in the house with wood flooring. my wife pays someone to come in and do her office and waiting room and I move the machinery in my basement to vacum under.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Errr... I'm completely okay with cleaning. I'd rather have a clean house/room than a dirty one. Now if you help me find a place for all my fricken books that'd be amazing! I have a huge collection of books
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have several thousand, but I'm on a campaign to give away anything I haven't looked at for 5 years and every time I buy a new book, 5 have to leave. Gave away over a hundred yesterday. I've run out of spaces for new bookshelves.
    mcpostelle wrote: »
    Errr... I'm completely okay with cleaning. I'd rather have a clean house/room than a dirty one. Now if you help me find a place for all my fricken books that'd be amazing! I have a huge collection of books

• gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    This is how I feel about unloading the dishwasher.

Oh, and for once in my life *I* would like to be the first person in the bathroom after I clean it.

Wait...one more thing. I'm the only female here with three males. I'm pretty darn stoked about the day toilet duties will belong to those with poor aim and not me!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy vacuuming, but then, I get around to it so seldomly, it's almost like a treat. I have 3 kids, the oldest of whom is 6.

The endless tide of dishes is what gets me down. Somehow I can ignore the laundry, or tackle a ton of it over a few days, but the dishes are so constant. Just this week I started using a little plastic tub to collect the dirties in the sink, instead of having them stacked and sprawled all over the countertops. Voila! Not a perfect solution, but it frees up enough counter space that I can procrastinate washing dishes a little bit and not feel like I'm drowning in dirty dishes. I might upgrade to a full-sized bus tub at some point, but for now, this is working fairly well. And my older kids like to dump their dishes in the bus tub. Hooray for novelty, anyway!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The motion needed to operate a vacuum leaves me in terrible pain. So, I was actually told by my doctor to avoid that chore! So, it's on my son's chore list. Hey, it helps when it's a doctor's order!
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Liking the leaf blower idea, lol.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    This is how I feel about unloading the dishwasher.

Oh, and for once in my life *I* would like to be the first person in the bathroom after I clean it.

Wait...one more thing. I'm the only female here with three males. I'm pretty darn stoked about the day toilet duties will belong to those with poor aim and not me!

I lived with 4 females. Seat down was a given. Extra TP was a rule! The shower... we'll save that for another day. :)

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I think the only good thing about housework is you can log it as exercise on MFP
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I hate all housework but I do it anyway. Bathrooms are the WORST!!!!! They probably don't get cleaned as often as they should. I used to clean house once a week, faithfully. Now, it's just whenever. The kitchen is the one room that stays pretty clean.
  • keelybird57
    keelybird57 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Remember the saying: A house should be clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy.

I have a very happy house! ;)
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Remember the saying: A house should be clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy.

I have a very happy house! ;)

Same here.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy vacuuming, but then, I get around to it so seldomly, it's almost like a treat. I have 3 kids, the oldest of whom is 6.

The endless tide of dishes is what gets me down. Somehow I can ignore the laundry, or tackle a ton of it over a few days, but the dishes are so constant. Just this week I started using a little plastic tub to collect the dirties in the sink, instead of having them stacked and sprawled all over the countertops. Voila! Not a perfect solution, but it frees up enough counter space that I can procrastinate washing dishes a little bit and not feel like I'm drowning in dirty dishes. I might upgrade to a full-sized bus tub at some point, but for now, this is working fairly well. And my older kids like to dump their dishes in the bus tub. Hooray for novelty, anyway!

Oh yeah. My husband likes to brag that he's the one who does all the vacuuming and toilets and other such "big" cleaning jobs... yet he doesn't realize that I actually don't have time for any of that because I'm too busy washing dishes several times a day and cleaning the stove and countertops well enough to turn around and dirty them up again by cooking again. The dishes are NE.VER.END.ING! *sigh*