Today, I...

Options

Replies

• A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Today I got back running after a 3 week hiatus :smiley: I pushed hard and my muscles are feeling it! I am currently working on running 5KM in 30 minutes. I've regressed a bit but good to get going back in the right direction.
  • shylady76
    shylady76 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Today I helped a friend get started on mfp. We will be helping each other along this journey. She has noticed my success and I told her I was using this app and how easy it was to use.
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I actually went to the gym today! Pretty proud of myself. Don't know about tomorrow I think it's just going to be a walk around the neighborhood but better than nothing
  • ellejay29
    ellejay29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    catladyksa wrote: »
    I LOVE reading all the positive comments....it really is motivational to stick to my caloric plan and try to get my exercising in....even with a bum foot! Great job to all!!! And a big CONGRATS to those who are losing the weight now!!

How are you coping exercise wise? My physio has told me to try and do as much as possible to strengthen my leg and as long as I'm sensible and stop if it hurts I should be fine :)
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Happy Sensational Saturday B)

I have enjoyed reading your posts. They are very uplifting.

Today I have lost 60 lb. And I am out of the teens. Then on to single digits, then on to onederland!! <3
    Today I am excited!

Onward and downward we go o:)

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    ellejay29 wrote: »
    catladyksa wrote: »
    I LOVE reading all the positive comments....it really is motivational to stick to my caloric plan and try to get my exercising in....even with a bum foot! Great job to all!!! And a big CONGRATS to those who are losing the weight now!!

How are you coping exercise wise? My physio has told me to try and do as much as possible to strengthen my leg and as long as I'm sensible and stop if it hurts I should be fine :)

I ended up with a steroid injection into the ankle/ligament area. I can now walk almost pain free. Will start the treadmill in the morning before work at a 'normal walking' pace. I am not suppose to push it! I went to physio also....funny, I felt they asked better questions and taking a better history than the physicians did!!

Take care when you exercise!!!

Amazing group that has gathered here to participate in this challenge!!!
  • mary6468
    mary6468 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today I officially joined this group and filled out the spreadsheet with my info. I'm so excited to be in this group challenge. Now it's time to get a workout in to get closer to my goal of onederland by Christmas.
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    mary6468 wrote: »
    Today I officially joined this group and filled out the spreadsheet with my info. I'm so excited to be in this group challenge.

Me too! So happy to be here! :)
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Today i have a family wedding, hoping to keep food in check.
  • harpstermelissa
    harpstermelissa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today I am proctoring the ACT test and right after I am going to get at least 30 minutes of exercise in!
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Today has been good thus far. I did my weightlifting before work. I planned a healthy salad with hard boiled eggs. I also packed a plum. The tough thing is going to be dinner at my sister in laws. They have healthy food sometimes. The wine and sodas are always tempting.
  • SueCo1234
    SueCo1234 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today I am watching my calories - not easy, but will be avoiding the red wine tonight which should help a bit
  • courtneysmith34
    courtneysmith34 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Today I bought a food scale and started comparing actual portions to what I see as a "correct" portion size. Man was I so wrong when it came to potatos.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I reminded myself that one mistake doesn't ruin the entire day. I ate more than I planned at breakfast and was feeling upset with myself. I then went to the gym, went for a long walk and prepared a nice healthy dinner with grapes for a bedtime snack. I completely salvaged the day - after a rocky start, it ended as a successful day. I need to remind myself that it's never too late to do the right thing!

Its learning to rethink how you use food to how you treat yourself, or thought patterns in how we view food, how we discipline ourselves to being angry withourselves moody. And you realize you need to treat yourself with love and care and encouragement, just as you would a friend.
  • emmoen
    Options
    Today was my son (5yrold) first flag football game.. Which I walked with my other son to the field and back. We later went to Chuck e cheese for lunch where I did have pizza. Then I walked another 20 minutes with my youngest around the neighborhood. More than what I usually do on a Saturday.
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Today my son and I took a 2 hour walk at the State Park by our house. I got in 10,000 steps while we were there.
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Today I came up with some new healthy recipes. This excites me about becoming healthy. Not the same boring routine with just salad all day (exaggerating a bit of course). I am more focused than ever about getting and keeping this weight off for good.
  • SunshineGirl351
    SunshineGirl351 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Today, I prepped my food for the week and portioned everything out, down to my snacks. I'm hoping this will keep me on track this week. I'm just trying to take this thing one week at a time. I think I can manage better that way.
  • emmoen
    Options
    Today... Well didn't go as plan... Completely over ate and kinda binged. But I can started fresh tomorrow with my workout plan and meal plan
  • robeylori
    robeylori Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Today I am at work, trying to stay on task with what I have to eat. I work at a major airport, so I have to pack my meals or I am enticed by the many fabulous restaurants we have in this place. I am looking forward to swimming and water aerobics when I get home late tonight.