Slow Losers

Options
pamherring62
pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
Slow loser defines me perfectly. Maybe it's because I have less to lose than some others. Or maybe it's because of the crazy schedule I keep. This week it's because of the prednisone I'm on.... eating too many calories. I am losing.... just at my pace, I guess. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of NS friends here.

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm going into my 3rd week starting this Sunday. I rapidly lost the first week and this week just feel as though I'm not accomplishing anything. But, I am staying the course. I need to lose 38 more pounds so kinda figure it might me slower ...

It is nice that you started this group. Thank you so much.

Flo
  • JodyT2015
    JodyT2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I started NS in March of 2014. I lost 66 pounds by Christmas. But, over winter I lost 0. In fact, I would fluctuate up 2, down 2, up 2, down 2. Now I have finally started my losing again, slowly but surely. The slow way is the best way! My son is getting married on July 31st and I am hoping to lose at least 20 more by then but I will be happy to just be moving the numbers down.

Thanks for starting this group!

87549082.png
  • pamherring62
    Options
    Well, the ear\sinus infection is back with a vengeance and I haven't even finished my meds from the last round! More prednisone for a couple of weeks. I'm gonna be big as a house.
  • Anita_Newbody
    Anita_Newbody Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well, the ear\sinus infection is back with a vengeance and I haven't even finished my meds from the last round! More prednisone for a couple of weeks. I'm gonna be big as a house.
    LOL - Hang in there. Try and eat just your ns food, but try and eat every 2-3 hours, maybe that will help with your hunger. and of course theres the water. I have found that if I start the day off drinking my water and keep drinking it all day I am less likely to be starving (I will still get hungry) but not the starving everything looks good to eat type of starving.
    Hope you feel better soon!!!
  • Anita_Newbody
    Options
    JodyT2015 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I started NS in March of 2014. I lost 66 pounds by Christmas. But, over winter I lost 0. In fact, I would fluctuate up 2, down 2, up 2, down 2. Now I have finally started my losing again, slowly but surely. The slow way is the best way! My son is getting married on July 31st and I am hoping to lose at least 20 more by then but I will be happy to just be moving the numbers down.

Thanks for starting this group!

87549082.png

Hi and welcome I started March of 2014 also!!!! You have lost a lot of weight!!!!!That is so awesome!!! The holidays were rough for me too. I really didn't lose anything from like October to January. I too was up and down. But I contributed it to vacation and holidays. I went off plan just about every month and I enjoyed myself. I didn't really gain anything but I didn't lose anything either. I was fine with that. Now I am on a mission though. We don't have that many get togethers this month. Next month my son graduates, and then I go on vacation in June, so I suspect I will lose a bit more between now and graduation, but then hold for June and start again in July. I don't mind. I am finally at a BMI where I am normal so now I am just crusing along.
  • Anita_Newbody
    Options
    Hello!

I'm going into my 3rd week starting this Sunday. I rapidly lost the first week and this week just feel as though I'm not accomplishing anything. But, I am staying the course. I need to lose 38 more pounds so kinda figure it might me slower ...

Flo

Welcome Nightingale,
    You can do it. I figured this is just my food now. and I don't eat other food. That is my mind set. I really don't have a time frame. I just needed to lose the weight to get healthy. My Dr. said I had to lose the weight or else.... I didn't want to know what the or else was. SO I started NS and a year later I am healthy no health problems, and I am so grateful to NS for that.
  • Anita_Newbody
    Options
    Slow loser defines me perfectly. Maybe it's because I have less to lose than some others. Or maybe it's because of the crazy schedule I keep. This week it's because of the prednisone I'm on.... eating too many calories. I am losing.... just at my pace, I guess. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of NS friends here.

Welcome Pam,
    I am so glad you are here. I wanted to start this thread because on NS it was quite clear that there are some that lose weight quite quickly. But since they are shutting the boards down, perhaps that is why. Here we have no idea how the majority of people are doing. Its just a pick a board type of thing.

Its Sunday. Hope everyone's weekend was good and have you planned out this week?
    I say we stay on plan 100% this week.

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hello!

Flo

Welcome Nightingale,
    You can do it. I figured this is just my food now. and I don't eat other food. That is my mind set. I really don't have a time frame. I just needed to lose the weight to get healthy. My Dr. said I had to lose the weight or else.... I didn't want to know what the or else was. SO I started NS and a year later I am healthy no health problems, and I am so grateful to NS for that.

And, that's exactly what I'm doing now ... don't eat other food ... just what is suggested for my plan.

• pamherring62
    Options
    This week wasn't the most successful with poundage lost (only about a pound-to-pound and a half. But when I measured Saturday morning....I was shocked!! Down 4 inches in one week. Woohoo! Don't understand it, but I'll take it. :smile:
  • Anita_Newbody
    Options
    This week wasn't the most successful with poundage lost (only about a pound-to-pound and a half. But when I measured Saturday morning....I was shocked!! Down 4 inches in one week. Woohoo! Don't understand it, but I'll take it. :smile:

Wow that is awesome!! Inches are great to lose!!! You'll be in a lower pant/dress size soon, if not already!!!

• Anita_Newbody
    Options
    I'm not too sure about this site. What do you guys think about it?
    I went looking for other NS groups, and there isn't a search tool for the groups, so it takes a long time to look through all the groups. and then I went to a discussion board and OMG seriously the discussions were ridiculous. One read where a girl (her picture looked very young) said that she was eating all her calories at one meal in the am. and not eat anything all day until the next day and wanted to know if that was ok... and the shocking part is the majority of the responses were not only agreeing with her but encouraging her!!!! then there were some several actually that said well you might want to save a little cal for the afternoon for a snack so you wont be hungry. !!! OMG I only ready ONE response who said that it was a terrible thing to do. I don't know it seems there are so many different people here and different ways they are trying to lose weight that I feel that I am an NS commercial , constantly promoting what I do as to why I have gotten to where I am.
    I don't know. I am having a really hard time with this change.
  • Nightingale2200
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Anita_Newbody wrote:
    I'm not too sure about this site. What do you guys think about it?
    I went looking for other NS groups, and there isn't a search tool for the groups, so it takes a long time to look through all the groups. and then I went to a discussion board and OMG seriously the discussions were ridiculous. One read where a girl (her picture looked very young) said that she was eating all her calories at one meal in the am. and not eat anything all day until the next day and wanted to know if that was ok... and the shocking part is the majority of the responses were not only agreeing with her but encouraging her!!!! then there were some several actually that said well you might want to save a little cal for the afternoon for a snack so you wont be hungry. !!! OMG I only ready ONE response who said that it was a terrible thing to do. I don't know it seems there are so many different people here and different ways they are trying to lose weight that I feel that I am an NS commercial , constantly promoting what I do as to why I have gotten to where I am.
    I don't know. I am having a really hard time with this change.

I'm enjoying the site. There are a lot of threads in several forums here that are supportive, give good advice that is serious, helpful, and stick to the NS plan. I don't go to any of the other discussion forums/threads, just NS here on MFP. I did at first, but found a lot of odd comments, like you pointed out :)

Here are the ones I frequent so far:

Nutribuddies
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    NS
    Slow Losers Club (formerly from Nutrisytem site pre shut down)

There are a lot of threads under the first 3. If you cannot find all of the threads under a forum, just click on "All Discussion" above "Latest Post", and all of the threads will display.
  • JodyT2015
    JodyT2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HI. I had my weigh in today. No loss. My losses go in spurts it seems. But I measured today and I have had great progress there. I can attribute this to a large increase in my exercise over the last month. With nice temps I can finally get outside and walk. I try to go more than 4 miles per day. Lately we have been cleaning up the yard after the winter and also cleaning the garage. Those both help my cause. I lost 6 inches today. I am thrilled with these results!

I am not too familiar with this site. I tend to stay in my own small area of it. I like it so far. I think the above post about the young girl eating all of her calories early in the day is very sad. She obviously has no one to guide her. The responses show how people are final goal oriented and not thinking about health, and obviously not educated on the best way for weight loss. It is sad. I also sing the praises of Nutrisystem. It is the best way for me and I try to share what I learn with my daughters. I am not sure if they appreciate my 2 cents worth, but I think it is a great lesson for people of all sizes. It is just a good and balanced plan!

Anita, I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time with this site. Let me know if I can help at all. I don't know much about the site, but I am here and can listen and try to help! I know that we can have "friends", like before, and then we can offer more personalized encouragement. Let me know if you are interested.

I hope you all have a great day!!
  • Anita_Newbody
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Its official they have closed down the site. I feel all alone. I felt alone before, but now I really feel alone. I will try and find other sites but its not the same. At least with ns when you blogged even if no one answered you saw how many viewed it. Here the blogs are buried so deep no one ever views my blog. Ok so I have only blogged once, but still nothing. I tried to go on FB but its so many people I am use to seeing the same ole people. ok well I just typed a whole page of the "feels" and then I deleted it. who wants to read about my problems. it helped just typing it and the actually helped in deleting it too. I did it again. ok. Im off to find other boards.
    In NS news. I didn't lose any weight this week I actually went from 125.8 to 126. We have a banquet tonight, and a get together tomorrow so there will be no loss next week either. That's ok I am enjoying the food and also enjoying my clothes. I feel good. I am not at goal, nor am I where I am trying to get to I think I will try for 114. So what 10- 12 more pounds. this puts a whole new level for slow losers club. cause everyone knows these are the hardest to lose. Oh well I am going to enjoy my summer. I feel good for my age and I am going to try and be happy with myself. Its ok to want to improve, but I will not take it to the level of unhappiness.
  • Anita_Newbody
    Options
    Good morning to no one in particular. How can you be among hundreds yet feel so alone. whatever. So this weekend was up and down. I am in a good spot right now so I don't mind that I went off plan this weekend. I am back on plan and ready to maintain this week. I wont lose any this week but if I gain anything it will only be a few ounces and I can get that of in a few weeks as well. yes I said weeks I did create this board you know. Doesn't help that my pants a falling down. it only gives me excuses to cheat. but I am not going to I am going to hold strong. I wore a dress yesterday and Saturday that my husband has never seen before (2 actually) and he was shocked. genuinely shocked. It was nice to shock him. He leaves before I go to work and gets home way after I get home, so by the time he gets home the housepants and the baggy soft t shirt are what he sees me in. so it was nice to have him see me. and my loss. so that in itself is encouragement.
    I have to work super hard to get my water in this week. Food wont be a problem. but the water is. I am into diet sweet tea at the moment. instead of flavored water. I feel good I am at 126 and my original goal was 124. I might amend this goal to 114. I don't know yet. but at this weight I am in a normal bmi so my drs are very very pleased with my losses. and as I said my husband is very pleased. I cant get cocky though -- that is what has happened year after year after year after year. I get to goal or close to goal and start eating because hey I look good. and then bfore you know it a month has passed and I have gained 10 pounds. and then another month and another 10 pounds. no I refuse to continue this. I love food but I love NS food. I need to keep myself stocked and I will be fine. Think I will go order my Costco cards now so I will be ready in a week.
  • Anita_Newbody
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone.
    I see this thread is probably buried somewhere deep in the threads and no one will find it. But If I have to be the only one here, so be it.
    I am starting up this week. In May I was 126 and now I am 138. Oh my what have I eaten? What have I not eaten is more the question.
    I have to stop making excuses of I don't want to waste NS food and just do it.
    Oh SHia LaBouf where are you when I need you
    JUST DO IT!!!!
    Ok Well I am off to find my friend and see if we can chat.....
    Feel free to comment on this thread
    I will keep anyone that is here up to date with my losses this week.
    Sunday - 138 (actually I think I went up to 139 should I go weigh myself????? yeah hold on let me do that.
    Ok 138 even Stephen.
    Lets see what NS is all about this week huh?
  • Anita_Newbody
    Options
    Well today is 9/13/15 and I am 145. So I have slowly gained my weight back. I am starting back again today. Seems like every one of my posts state that I am starting back. good grief anyway I got sick last night so I have to start back there is no excuse this time. no worries. I have food from before, its just a matter of eating that instead of the junk food I have been eating for this summer.