Love this!

Options
anewdesign
anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
Love this challenge idea! Excited to be a part of it!
I'm introducing myself into a ketogenic lifestyle and I've had pretty good success so far, but it is hard and temptation is everywhere. I've already cheated more than I wish I had, and I'm glad to have people to support me, and that maybe I can help motivate!

Replies

• SenditToSarah
    SenditToSarah Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ketogenic? I've not heard of that. Please shed some light on it!
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    its basically low carb, mid protein with high fat. the goal is to put your body into ketosis, where it burns fat for energy instead of carbs.

im not following a specific plan, im sortof making it up as i go along to find what will work for me, but its loosely based on atkins and south beach. i tried a few calculators online, and based on my info i put my calories at 1450, protein gets 25%, fat gets a whopping 65%, and carbs get a measly 10% of my day.

i wont lie, its fairly difficult so far. i have minimal will power, and i find once i cheat a little i make that into justification to cheat a little the next day. a brutal cycle im working on.

but - i did manage to drop 7lbs in my first week. how much of that was water weight you can probably guess, but it certainly felt nice to see a good change after i was so committed. now that ive slacked off a bit, im not dropping quite so quickly.. but that was to be expected anyways.

im in week three, and i take it as a positive that i want to keep going, and keep trying to fully commit! part of why im so excited for this group - added motivation!

:)
  • SenditToSarah
    SenditToSarah Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Nice! Very interesting--way to go, and let's keep motivating each other!