New to group

Options
Hi I joined the group yesterday. I am a mom of 5 grown children and hitting 50 soon made me really evaluate my health. I have been reading many of the posts and find them very helpful and informational. I am pre-op I have two more appointments then my surgery date will be scheduled. I am having the VSG and I am looking so forward to it but I'm very nervous at the same time. lt may sound silly but the one thing I want to do is go zip lining with my husband. Reading all your stories gives me the inspiration I need to get there.

Replies

• ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and I totally understand the wanting to go zip lining thing.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks ThinGwen.
  • mskimpel
    mskimpel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new life journey !
  • decruisers
    decruisers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Nothing silly about about wanting to zip line...I want to climb Dunn River Falls and learn to scuba dive... B)
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Zip lining is an excellent aspiration! I took surfing lessons last month for the first time at the age of 55. I wasn't even thinking of that when I started on this journey to take control of my health.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I wanted to ride the mules down into the Grand Canyon without feeling guilty of animal abuse! Don't know if I'll ever do it -my husband would seriously NOT enjoy that. But the possibility is open, which is pretty exciting! So, keep your eyes on the long distance rewards. That's the trick! Welcome, and this group is awesome!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Tawnykakers1
    Options
    Thanks for making me feel welcome. Love hearing all the things you want to do and things you have done. You have given me some new ideas. We will be traveling full time in our motorhome in about a year so I know there will be adventures I never thought of that will come up. Martabeerich I actually thought the same thing about the mules so you gave me a good laugh.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great group for support and advice. You'll be zip lining before you know it!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Zip lining sounds fun!! I will have to add that to my bucket list. :smile:
  • Tawnykakers1
    Options
    Thanks! I am finding great info reading all the different posts. The good and the bad helps me get prepared.