What is everyone doing for exercise? Winging it, or do you have a plan?

Options
mfcarley2
mfcarley2 Posts: 29 Member
I travel for a living, and my schedule is always last minute. My game plan is:

Cardio 5 times a week (either running or Turbofire)
Full body workouts 3 times a week (Either weight at gym or bodyweight exercise routine
Yoga once a week.

Where is your weakness in exercise?

Replies

• kariweighsin
    kariweighsin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It seems that consistency is my weakness. I work in a bank and since we have lost so many employees in the past few months we have been working overtime. Therefore, I find myself falling into a habit of working out (mainly with walking; hoping to increase to jogging & running) for a couple weeks and then breaking that habit once we are in the peak of overtime. I've been trying to think of other alternatives like using resistance bands for some form of exercise, that way I don't break my exercise streak but I am still in the brainstorming period. I'm trying to stick to a plan that I can complete no matter what obstacles are thrown my way!
  • mfcarley2
    Options
    yes girl i hear ya...life throws so many curveballs at ya its hard to get a consistant habit started!!! that is EXACTLY why I have a back up plan and various exercises to fulfill my preset workouts. Good luck!
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It's hard to keep an exercise plan. Sometimes I don't have time to do my planned work out. I will just skip it and do it the next day. My routine that I found from bodybuilding.com is four days of lifting total. Two days of lifting and a day of cardio, I do yoga. Than two more days of lifting And two days of rest.
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am back at the gym after a loooong absence and it feels great:)
    At this in doing a mixture of different classes 5 days a week. 3 days cardio 2 weights and 1 hot yoga. So far it's such a challenge to just move my body but things are getting easier so that's great!
  • mfcarley2
    Options
    very cool to hear! i think everyone has to experiment to find out what works best for them. i actually do well with a strict plan but of course, life just messes that plan up hahah
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm following the Insanity workout plan, so trying to stick to a pretty rigid program. I've come close to finishing the program before (week 7 and week 8), but I've never finished all 63 days.

Hopefully third times the charm :)
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have pretty bad dizziness and am lucky to walk a few blocks a week. I try to do chair yoga 3 times a week. Just to put a shout out that calorie counting CAN work all by itself!
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have dedicated myself to hitting 10,000 steps each day. I can get to that with most any form of movement. If I try to be too regimented in a plan, it sets me up for failure. But, with this goal, I can meet it through dancing through Zumba, on the elliptical, or going for a walk....or through mowing and weeding the lawn, cleaning and chasing my kids, or walking through a museum. This definitely works for me and I hope to really incorporate it with this challenge!
  • mfcarley2
    Options
    Sounds awesome you guys keep up the good work!
  • blackgirlhealthyworld
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution again. It's one of my favorite at home workouts and it only takes up 30 minutes a day. I like it because it's a total body workout and not just cardio. I wake up at 5:45am every morning to ensure that I do it. I find that morning workouts are the best time to make time because there is nothing else scheduled and it sets the tone of the day off right. I'm finishing week one today.
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I go to the gym 5 times a week. I do 30-45 minutes of cardio each of those days and add about 30 minutes of strength training rotate arms one of the days then the next I do legs and rotate then two days rest
  • Prossi001
    Prossi001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like Jessica Smith TV. http://www.jessicasmithtv.com/
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Winging it, hike and cycle when I can, will try and fit walking in now.
  • mfcarley2
    Options
    Sounds awesome, very inspired to hear all of your plans, also it sounds like I need to look at some of those workout ideas.
  • kathrynlethig
    kathrynlethig Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Right now I do 30 minutes of zumba 5-7 days a week. I like to use the clubfitz channel on YouTube for a fun workout that's free! I also do "kids" yoga every day with my daughters. It's a DVD we have that runs about 35 minutes and we do it after breakfast and getting dressed. It's not very intense but it's a good stretch and my kids love it!
  • kathrynlethig
    kathrynlethig Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my weakness is any strengthening exercises. It's something I really need to work into my routine. I'm thinking about getting a kettle all and doing routines using that.
  • may5646
    may5646 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred program. Once I'm done with the program I'm going to move on to the T25. Sometimes it difficult to squeeze in workouts into a hectic week, but because these are only about 30 min I find it easier to stick with.
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I want to try Zumba! I've heard great things about it.

I do C25K. Redoing week 3 because I took a week off. I also stick to a 1200 calorie diet. :)
  • missy40mfp
    missy40mfp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm rotating with spin classes and total body workouts. . I love and hate the spin classes at the same time lol its a great workout but pushes you , my weakness is staying on my calories allowed day to day, normally at the 2/3 point I'm craving carbs
  • rockstar53
    rockstar53 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have 3 days left of a 30 day walk to run program. I will continue with some "running" and plan to add some strength. Just haven't decided yet what my plan will be.