My long term goal

Options
ktgbgrme
ktgbgrme Posts: 19 Member
I'm 56 and have been struggling with my weight since I was a kid. Luckily, I'm the healthiest I've been all my life (FINALLY exercising regularly, eating pretty healthily), but I want to get rid of those annoying 30-40 pounds once and for all. I've been see-sawing, up and down, for a good decade. My ultimate goal is to stop my mantra of "If only I stuck with it, I'd be wearing an 8" and finally get—and stay there!

Replies

• katnip40
    katnip40 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've never been overweight until i reached my 40s and more so after i got married at 45 and that's when all the running around and slowing down started. But these last 7 years has been an up and down roller-coaster but when do we say enough is enough and get off this roller-coaster ride!!!! My wake up call was on 9/4 when i was told that my cholestorol was elevated and i refuse to have illnesses that i can control. I hoping to make this a lifetime change but we all know that we can fall off any day or any time but lets forge on!!!
  • Stef1959
    Stef1959 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yes, I know what you mean about the mantra. I am constantly talking with other overweight people in my life about dieting. I am determined this time not to even talk about this diet - except for here. You guys are going to be my support system this time. In real life, I am just going to try to make the right choices and quietly DO IT!!
  • katnip40
    katnip40 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    And you will be my support system as well. No dieting just eating healthier and exercising more!!!
  • ModaVita
    ModaVita Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    katnip40 wrote: »
    No dieting just eating healthier and exercising more!!!

This! Funny, I've noticed that people in our age group really embrace the non-diet mindset. Maybe we've finally realized that it really IS about a lifestyle change. LOL!! Go figure, huh? :p