Question about hair texture (women)

Options
2»

Replies

• bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    BBee5064 wrote: »
    How you getting on? did you try the coconut water spray?

I haven't tried it yet . I will probable get some today and try it.
  • bm1409
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Ladies, that L'Oreal Evercream I was talking about is great! Been using it for a couple of weeks now and my hair is shinier, feels thicker, has a tad more body, feels softer and actually seems to stay cleaner longer. I recommend it highly. Available in drugstores and probably Target, etc.

I will put it on my list to check out. I am going to get some coconut water today and try it.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    About a year ago I switched hairdressers, and starting using their products, called Healium, and it has helped, even here in the humidity capital of Florida. My hairdresser did sell me a different conditioner last night that she used while I was there, Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Conditioner. So far it does not really work any better than the Healium. My hair is much healthier since using Healium, I even started growing more hair, and the new hair is not gray. Go figure.
  • bm1409
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    About a year ago I switched hairdressers, and starting using their products, called Healium, and it has helped, even here in the humidity capital of Florida. My hairdresser did sell me a different conditioner last night that she used while I was there, Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Conditioner. So far it does not really work any better than the Healium. My hair is much healthier since using Healium, I even started growing more hair, and the new hair is not gray. Go figure.

so glad to hear somethings are working. I will have to put it on my list to try.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    @klkarlen, I need to find some of that Healium! Mine is coming in grey all over. What there is left of it. I have lost so much hair in the last year or so, I feel almost bald (I have, and have always had, lots) But my single braid is now much less thick than when I had double braids, and I have wads of hair in the comb everyday. My doc basically said it was the aging, and there's nothing to do about it. *sigh*
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    @klkarlen, I need to find some of that Healium! Mine is coming in grey all over. What there is left of it. I have lost so much hair in the last year or so, I feel almost bald (I have, and have always had, lots) But my single braid is now much less thick than when I had double braids, and I have wads of hair in the comb everyday. My doc basically said it was the aging, and there's nothing to do about it. *sigh*

They don't have a way to sell directly to the consumer yet on their website, but your salon can order it: http://www.healiumhair.com/index.html
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The way it was explained to me from my doctor is: we don't produce as much oil as we age. So, our hair becomes dry and curly.

I use Paul Mitchell Skinny products when I want to blow it out and flat iron it, but Paul Mitchell also makes a curly hair mouse, shampoo & conditioner for the times when you just want to go au natural.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yep. Paul Mitchell is a great product line. Look for sulfate free products too, a lot less harsh than a regular shampoo.
  • bm1409
    Options
    I really dont mind the curly part. I have been using the coconut water, which makes it feel soft but it still looks frizzy unless I tone it down with a curling iron. I love the smell of Paul Mitchell. I haven't used any of their products in awhile.
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ladies, that L'Oreal Evercream I was talking about is great! Been using it for a couple of weeks now and my hair is shinier, feels thicker, has a tad more body, feels softer and actually seems to stay cleaner longer. I recommend it highly. Available in drugstores and probably Target, etc.

I will check it out! I am going on a cruise and will spending some time in salt water. That is never good for your hair.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options

I will check it out! I am going on a cruise and will spending some time in salt water. That is never good for your hair.

it comes in a tube so it is great for travel. ANd it will save your hair from salt.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    . I used to use this amazing shampoo from Seashore called Jonathan. It made my hair look like it never did before. Bit it was $20 a bottle and now I haven't seen it in a while so...

Thanks for mentioning it. Jonathan is still $20 and sold on Amazon.

I use Paul Mitchell Skinny products. It makes hair shine and manageable.