Good AUDIO books?

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
I'm an audiobook junkie. And I love reading about eating patterns other than Western. Other than a couple of Atkins books (and not including south beach) I haven't had much luck finding interesting AUDIObooks about low/lower carb diets.

Does anyone have any low carb AUDIObook recommendations? Audible preferred, but not necessary.

Thanks!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    There was another thread recently in which we listed several...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10245010/what-are-you-reading#latest.

I don't know that anyone listed any audio books separately, but if you don't already have it, the OverDrive app often uses your local library's access to contact a list of audiobooks available. I highly suggest it.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    There's Gary Taubes of course.
    There's Blue Zones (I thought it was interesting, I also ended up thinking diet was a relatively small part of longevity).
    There are also webcasts you can download from Paleo and low carb experts. Maybe you can find some episodes dealing with diets around the world?
  • DebraWilliams1
    DebraWilliams1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well, Dave Asprey's "The Bulletproof Diet" in on audible. There's also a downloadable List of recipes. I have the recipes, although I didn't buy the book. I don't know if the book is any good, but it's supposed to be how he lost weight and got healthy on a HF diet.
  • DebraWilliams1
    Options
    A search on audible under low carb diets lists a page full. I don't know how good any of them are. There are a couple I wouldn't really consider low carb, but I'm just going by the write up. I don't have any of these books. Just searching the word diet brings up 116 pages of books. Bound to be something there.
  • DebraWilliams1
    Options
    Oh, and under The Great Courses there's one called "Food:A Cultural Culinary History." That might be a good one for you.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Thanks for these. I hadn't noticed the bulletproof one, fun!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    There was another thread recently in which we listed several...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10245010/what-are-you-reading#latest.

I don't know that anyone listed any audio books separately, but if you don't already have it, the OverDrive app often uses your local library's access to contact a list of audiobooks available. I highly suggest it.

I have overdrive, yes. Love it! Alas, not much in the way of lower carb books in either of the libraries for which I have cards, darn!