Remembering to LOOK AT your response cards

Options
I'm having trouble remembering to look at my response cards in the moment when I"m tempted to eat something that's not on my plan. Like last night my husband made black bean/corn salsa and I ate too much with too many chips. At the time I did not think "oh let me get my response cards before eating this." How do you remind yourselves?

Replies

• AutumnBlue4
    AutumnBlue4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use the 'reminder' app on my phone. It is set to remind me twice a day. My advantage response cards are stored in my 'notes' app right beside it. My list isn't too long so it doesn't take me long to read it twice (or more) a day and as a result I do think of the advantages of losing weight when I'm tempted to stray. I have tried paper and notepads before but I find having it all on my phone is much more private and I always have my phone with me. Plus I'm adding food to mfp on the app so it works for me. Good luck!
  • AutumnBlue4
    AutumnBlue4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wanted to add I also have the kindle app so read the Beck books quite regularly too when I need a boost!
  • Nch305
    Nch305 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I let days go by without reading my response cards,even though they are saved on my phone. I will set up a reminder tonight, and that will, hopefully, keep me on track.
  • TrimRocker
    TrimRocker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For a long time, I've tried to do a daily review every morning right when I sit down at my desk at work. That's when I read my reminders and the rest. When I do my daily review, and read all of my cards and reminders then, it makes it much more likely I'll think of reading them and recalling them later in the day. It keeps me more mindful and centered.