Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weekly Post September 27th to October 3rd

snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
flumi_f wrote: »
One more week and I'm off to Dublin to meet some of my awesome mfp friends in person! !!

How fun! Enjoy!

Out again yesterday and take away for lunch, but today is my fast day, so feel a bit better.

It is going to be a long day because I have been up since 5am and have already finished one tea and it's only 10am :s The kids had croissants this morning before school and I have hidden mine for tomorrow, they were sooo tempting, but I will make a good budget for them for tomorrow.

The next three weeks will be busy for me...I am putting the last finishing touches on my thesis and will submit it for final review mid October, but besides that I am attempting to vamp up my exercise through extra walking in town and dusting off my workout video and WII. I will let you know if I have been successful...this week I will attempt video workouts on Tuesday and Friday and extra walking on Wednesday.

Hope for everyone to have a great week :smiley:

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    I am substitute teaching today which will make today's fast a breeze. Having such a busy day with 35 fourth graders until 3 will keep me preoccupied. I'm looking forward to seeing what results this week brings! Hoping for another loss to get me closer to goal. Wishing the same for all of you!!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Good for you Snaps!

Flossy - that is great, that you are so close to goal and still so motivated. I used to be 5lb to my Goal....now it's more like 8lb...but I'll get back there.

First fast this week today. And planning a second one for Thursday or Friday. Pretty healthy day yesterday as I had a lunch date and then walked about 8km. Dinner was quite healthy as I'm working on emptying the fridge - green beans, beets with fresh ginger, lemon grass and thai basil and basmati rice. Invented along the way, yum! OK, the two glasses of wine were less healthy...but also very yummy. Can anybody tell, I'm fasting and hungry...at 11AM :p

Weight still high but stabil. Hoping to leave for Dublin under 60kg. With two fasts, that should be possible.

Have a great week!
  • snaps27
    @flossyruby1 I'm so happy for you! Great job. I hope to be in you shoes soon. Below 150 is amazing, but I will be jumping up and down the day see a 150ish number flash on my scale. That's a number that I don't think I've ever seen on my scale :) (i.e. chubby teen)

Yesterday's fast was brilliant. I stuck with two teas and my pasta and peas for dinner (and all nicely measured out). Even with getting up at 5am and sleeping after 11pm :o And today I made a budget for the croissants by skipping my lunch and will have bean fajita wraps for dinner, yum. Also got a walk in this morning, although my little one was with me and his little legs can't quite power walk yet, but it beats sitting on my bum. In a couple hours I will attempt to find my workout DVD and give it a whirl, while he has his nap.

• DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Sounds like a good week so far for everyone! I saw a 1.5 pound loss for the last week. Which I am very happy about! I have been skipping some meals on nonfast days, which helped I think. Also started incorporating HIIT into my runs.
  • snaps27
    edited October 2015
    DanaW13 wrote: »
    Sounds like a good week so far for everyone! I saw a 1.5 pound loss for the last week. Which I am very happy about! I have been skipping some meals on nonfast days, which helped I think. Also started incorporating HIIT into my runs.

I started skipping meals on non fast days too. I'll see if it can help me too. Fast day for me today. Was going to treat myself to a iced skinny caramel macchiato, but the barista made it wrong and put almond in it :s so it ended up in the drain and made myself an iced tea instead (and put it in the Starbucks cup to make myself think I was getting what I really wanted HEE HEE). So in the end saved myself about 100 calories. The universe was telling me not to get too relaxed on my fast day :wink: I'm still afraid of the scale, but clothes are still loose.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited October 2015
    Second fast day of the week. the first one went well. As I may have a visitor this evening, not sure what will happen cal wise. But I don't care today :D Off to Dublin in the morning to meet up with four of my oldest MFP Buddies. So looking forward to a week away with wonderful people!

Keep on chuggin'. I'll be back and probably fasting on the 13th ;)