Options
Lana4639
Lana4639 Posts: 44 Member
Hey everyone, how was day 1?

Replies

• giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oops, I thought we were starting tomorrow (Monday) Just realised it is the 27th. Oh well, have eaten clean today, but no exercise.
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm a little confused. So we are required to work out twice a day? Or a certain amount of time a day?
  • Lana4639
    Options
    @ giftbouquets, it's okay :smile: remember that our diet is a critical component to seeing results (and my biggest challenge).

@ franfran1821, so we are working out twice per day; for example I complete my longer workout (Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism) in the morning before because that's when I have more motivation, time and energy and my shorter workout (Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred) in the evening after work. I hope that my example clarified it for you.
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thank you Lana! I think i can handle that!
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm a little confused. So we are required to work out twice a day? Or a certain amount of time a day?
    It is up to you but you are doing more than you usual. Whatever you typically do, give a little more!

• succeedin2
    Options
    Lana4639 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, how was day 1?
    Day 1 was great for me, I did not get to work out as I returned from out of town but my eating was so good! Everyone had cake but me, we went to a very nice restaurant I had a nice filet salad I did not eat the fresh rolls or any of the pasta they had all weekend.
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was okay for me ... stayed in calories and drank plenty of water. I've eaten clean ..but not enough as work demands has kept me busy . I've not worked out today but reached my 10000 steps for the day ... so I'm pleased with that. Hope everyone is doing well :D
  • Lana4639
    Options
    @ succeedin2, hopefully some of your self control will rub off on me at the end of these 12 weeks (i'm still trying to figure out how to control myself when i'm at home so please share any tips you have).

@missm2, its awesome that although you did not get to exercise you were still active and ate well.
  • Lana4639
    Options
    DAY 2 :smiley:

Did anyone start/continue today? If yes how was it?
  • FutureThoughts
    FutureThoughts Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I didn't realize it started yesterday, but I did walk A LOT yesterday...eating clean, not so much. I worked the overnight shift Saturday, FitBit says from 12am-8am I walked over 3 miles (7pm-1159 Sat went under Sat, lol). Then I walked 3 miles roundtrip to a bar for brunch and USA Rugby WC watching.... continued to stay up, and drove to a different bar to watch my Eagles! I stayed under my calorie goal for the day, but definitely not clean, lol

Today I walked just over 6 miles on a favorite trail then later hit the gym for upper and core work, about 40 minutes. Eating still wasnt really clean, but under calorie goal and better than yesterday....and no beer, haha.

Hope everyone jumps into this challenge full force! I so admire you guys who are doing the videos 2x a day! How are you handling muscle soreness?
  • Lana4639
    Options
    @ FutureThoughts, walking is awesome exercise and just moving is good.
    The only place I'm sore is my lower back which I injured previously so I have been using Bengay and I'm going to take a dose of ibuprofen to help with the inflammation before it gets out of control. I hope your day goes even better today.
  • giftbouquets
    Options
    A good day so far. Turned down cake in work. Just off to dancing, so an hours exercise today.
  • Lana4639
    Options
    @ giftbouquets, that's good to hear. Right now I'm talking myself into exercising when I get home after a long work day...hopefully I do.
  • giftbouquets
    Options
    Its so hard when you are tired after work isn't it. I love my dance classes so I force myself to go and always feel better afterwards, just wish I was as motivated to get to the gym!
  • Lana4639
    Options
    I did it but it took everything out of me to get started then I was fine :) and today I only had two servings of pistachios (i'm working on less snacking on nuts and seeds because there have been countless days where my caloric intake is doubled because of mindless snacking). I am still not ready to join a gym yet but I have a secret desire to do some natural bodybuilding so maybe one day I will feel brave enough and join one.
  • Lana4639
    Options
    DAY 3 :smiley:
    Energy and persistence conquer all things. ~Benjamin Franklin

How was your day everyone?
  • FutureThoughts
    Options
    I called out of work sick today :( spent the day drinking tea and *finally* finishing the assembly of my kitchen table. No actual exercise today, though, as I try to kick this potential illness out before it takes hold for real. Honestly, I 100% forgot about this challenge today. Gonna keep coming into the forum so it sinks in and becomes routine!!

Great job to you guys! Pushing yourself to workout after work can be such a chore...but like so many other chores you almost always feel better after. And just think of the long term benefits! Great job!!
  • Lana4639
    Options
    @ FutureThoughts, I hope you feel better soon and based on my experience putting together a table is a cognitive, emotional and physical workout lol.
  • FutureThoughts
    Options
    @Lana hahaa, thank you! It was a bit trying :) and thanks!
  • succeedin2
    Options
    I called out of work sick today :( spent the day drinking tea and *finally* finishing the assembly of my kitchen table. No actual exercise today, though, as I try to kick this potential illness out before it takes hold for real. Honestly, I 100% forgot about this challenge today. Gonna keep coming into the forum so it sinks in and becomes routine!!

Great job to you guys! Pushing yourself to workout after work can be such a chore...but like so many other chores you almost always feel better after. And just think of the long term benefits! Great job!!
    I hope you feel better!!!! I have been drinking tea all week just because everyone has been sick.