C25K, W1, D1 (Week 1, Day 1)

Options
I did Week 1, Day 1 of C25K last night. It was GREAT! I must admit that by the third round of running (2 minutes walking/1 minute running X 8 rounds), I was a bit tired. Just when I thought my legs might cave in during the "running part," it was time to walk for 2 minutes. I especially like that I can listen to the music on my phone and an announcer interrupts to say (start walking) and then (start running) -- so I don't have to read anything or try to remember. I must say that this was much easier to learn than country line dancing (don't even ask)? There are 3 sessions in each week, and you are supposed to take a day off in between. I will be doing W1, D2 (Week 1, Day 2) tomorrow after work. ANYONE WANT TO JOIN ME! This is a great way to "erase" an calorie overages I might have. :)

Replies

• dgbpnb
    dgbpnb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am going to be brave and try this. I am so out of shape! I am familiar with it to a very small degree. I did do this once before, well...."do this" means I did it for about 2 weeks. I really need some good cardio and to get in better shape. I can download it on my phone? (iphone) app store?
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    dgbpnb wrote: »
    Ok, I am going to be brave and try this. I am so out of shape! I am familiar with it to a very small degree. I did do this once before, well...."do this" means I did it for about 2 weeks. I really need some good cardio and to get in better shape. I can download it on my phone? (iphone) app store?

Welcome! Glad to have you! Yes, you can download C25K from Zen Labs at the Google Play store. You may also download the .pdf document with the schedule at www.c25k.com if you'd like!
  • AnabelleEdwards2015
    Options
    I'm also joining and starting today!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    I'm also joining and starting today!

Welcome, Annabelle! Please let us know how you feel after your first session. I will be doing W1, D3 (Week 1, Day 3) tomorrow (Saturday). I am so tempted to do it every day to see how far I can push myself, but it is very important to have a day of rest in between each session for muscle repair. I have found that i have a lot of energy after I am done sweating! :) Have fun!
  • Diantha21
    Diantha21 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ooh looks like yours is a bit tougher start than mine is, although i guess we get to the same goal, and it is still 8 mins running and the rest walking with a 5 mins warm up cool down :)
  • laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just did W1 D1 tonight. I am going to try to do it three days in a row, a rest day, then the next three days.
  • Mangsney
    Mangsney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just did W1 D1 tonight. I am going to try to do it three days in a row, a rest day, then the next three days.

Are you sure?? You're supposed to have a rest day between each workout. I actually needed 3!!

Or are you already used to running?
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    @laurainottawa, welcome to the group!