60+ Friends to Connect With?

Options
2»

Replies

• janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mary Ann! This is a wonderful group of supportive people. You've come to the right place!
  • patnj
    patnj Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I should introduce myself - i'm pat, i'm closing in on 61, enjoy sailing - been retired for 2 years. I've been on MFP off/on for years. Lost 25# several yrs ago - then life happened and I clearly didn't have the habits to not put it all back on again. Spent my summer on the couch with a broken ankle ... Now I'm trying to get myself back on track again. I love the monthly challenge!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Oh, somehow I missed it when Carole and Sherri and grandmafish came in! And now we're greeting Pat, hi Pat!

Wow, we really are growing ... as a group, that is... Naturally as individuals we are melting away. Well, some of us are melting away and the rest of us are visualizing doing so... And it all starts in the mind, doesn't it? It really does.

So, welcome aboard! hello-011.gif
    ~ Kathy in Massachusetts

17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! We are growing because we are aging!! Lol Gayle Minneapolis
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Welcome to newbies and returnees! Our great advantage is that we can draw on each other's understanding of our changing bodies, and wise enough to appreciate the different methods that work for each of us to be healthier. And we're smart in so many ways. :-)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    Welcome back, Mary Ann. What is that adorable fuzzy creature in your photo? ~ Kathy

Hi there ! This is a long-haired hamster ....... my sister had them years ago ..... this photo reminds me of her ;-)

• verptwerp
    Options
    Thanks for the lovely welcome ! Am heading to work now, so wishing everyone an amazing day !
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pat, glad you are healed and can enjoy moving around again.
  • GrandpaGroovy
    GrandpaGroovy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm old as dirt and happy as hell that I have found this site. I've never been more motivated to return to 25 years ago when I could run and jump and.....ok maybe 35 years ago.....but anyway, nice to meet you all! Can't wait to be able to buy clothes off the rack again and stop being punished with big men's shops prices!
  • GrandpaGroovy
    GrandpaGroovy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    oops, Hello CarolH15, sorry, I was running off with your thread. ;)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Welcome Grandpagroovy, always nice to have another gent joining us. We have a number of male members, but they don't post too much. Feel free join in any of our threads, and read the stickies at the top of our group page. We do a monthly self challenge, you decide what you want to do, and report back to the group. You might enjoy doing that.
    Options
    We do??? Well I guess I better pick one. Drinking water 4 glasses daily! Gayle Minneapolis
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Good afternoon, y'all ....... guess I'd better figure out a challenge for myself ..... eating isn't a problem, but daily exercise sure is ...... and so is drinking enough water, I'd rather have coffee .....
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Grandpa Groovy! This is a very inspiring & supportive group of folks. It's been a great help to me in improving my quality of life by moving ahead toward my health goals. ~ Kathy
    Options
    verptwerp wrote: »
    Good afternoon, y'all ....... guess I'd better figure out a challenge for myself ..... eating isn't a problem, but daily exercise sure is ...... and so is drinking enough water, I'd rather have coffee .....

Ditto!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hello new people! I have been with this group for a long time now and I am amazed and how it has developed into the most supportive group I have personally ever belonged to. Who would have thought we would find that at this point in life! But we have and I love it!