Anyone still around?

Options
2»

Replies

• nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week of workouts ABC for the Gluteal Goddess program. I like it...there are a few exercises I might replace (that kneeling karate chop bar one is awkward for me), but all together I really like this program and the DOMS I feel the next day!

Has anyone finished the GG program or working on it now?
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I did a round of GG last year while bulking & am doing another round starting up again Monday on a deficit.
  • Appalachia7
    Appalachia7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I still do some of the exercises here and there, but I've started doing crossfit and its hard to find time to do both.
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting today and found this group. Hopefully we can revive it :)
  • bremca28
    bremca28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just bought the book today!! Can't wait for it to come my way via mail!
  • bremca28
    bremca28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting today and found this group. Hopefully we can revive it :)

So agree with you!!
  • ashtonladkins
    ashtonladkins Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just bought the book yesterday, I'm excited to get started! I would love to see some more activity on this board.

Did any of you incorporate any cardio while doing this program? I do utilize some of my calories from exercise for extra treats and special occasions to continue to aide in weight loss. I just don't think I'm ready to give those up!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    WAKEY WAKEY!!!!!!

Lol, I've taken a break from exercise in general for quite some time. I'm looking to start small and try the bodyweight program this time around.
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    In! Waiting for my hard copy, been reading on Kindle... My booty needs this...
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm back! I am starting from week 1 again because I took a good 2 mos off :#
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone who is still on here!
    I just started & found this group. Sad to see it's not used as much, but I'll try to post when I can!
    I started training in March for a 5k mud run & after I did that I kind of stopped going to the gym. I suck at running anyway & wanted to start weight training. I follow some people on IG who have had some great results with Strong Curves.
    I found the workout plan online & through the JEFIT app have saved the plans by week & track my progress. I like the app (it's free!) but it has some quirks. Still need to take some "before" photos lol.
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I have SC and have been attempting to work through it for a while but I have trouble keeping motivated for strength training. I like to workout outside whenever possible, especially since it's summer so I never want to be the gym. How do you keep yourselves motivated on the program?

It'd be great if this group was revived to have some motivation buddies!
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just got this book today! I've been doing stronglifts 5 x 5 for 5 months now, and needed to change up the routine. I am so excited for strong curves, it really does seem like a great program.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    so now I'm on week 10 of the advanced program and um...my *kitten* is amazing. I have pretty much been eating at maintenance this entire time but I'm very happy with the results. A bit of recomp...nothing major but encouraging. Waist and hips down 0.5 inch, umbilicus circumference down 0.5 inch, thighs up 1 inch (quads!)...but more importantly my glutes have been activated to the point where I can now do squats and feel them...its not just the quads taking over anymore.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start in December (or the second my PT gives me the green light) it'll be the first weightlifting program I've ever tried. Hoping to get ready to rock a bikini in June!
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am so sad this group is dead.
    Finished my first week yesterday. I'm spreading the workouts over two weeks, so two strong curve workouts a week. In addition I'm doing a Bodypump class because I didn't want to give that up.
    So far I'm already super impressed by the results. Nothing visible yet, but I can already feel pushups getting much easier.
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just found this group! I'm on day one of the glutes program. If anyone is still doing this please friend me!
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I did Week 1-2 pretty well over June/July but stopped going to the gym altogether after that! Any muscle I gained is probably gone & I gained back the weight I lost too. I feel chunky. I may buy the Kindle edition of Strong Curves because I couldn't find all the workouts online, that way I can really get into it & follow the plan more closely.
    Feel free to add me if you want!
  • rosammr
    rosammr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been doing S5x5 but I wanted to try something different. I got the book and I'm planning to start in January. If anyone wants to add me, please feel free.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    HI everyone... alot of us havemoved onto GetGlutes... Bret and Kellie's program site. You can find it here: As Kellie woould say... Happy Gluteing Life Time member of Get Glutes

Work out with us!

http://affiliates.subhub.com/1720/idevaffiliate.php?id=107