C25K, W1, D2 (Week 1, Day 2)

Options
DeeDiddyGee
DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
edited October 2015 in Social Groups
Good morning!

For me, today is W1, D2. However, if you are still needing to do Day 1, don't worry, there is plenty of time. Each new week starts on Sunday. Remember, it's optimal to have one day in between each C25K session.

I will be going to the gym at 6pm (Eastern) tonight and will be doing W1, D2. I am very excited because I know that for each gasp that comes out of me, I am building long power and strengthening my heart. Doesn't hurt that the scale goes down a tad the next morning either!

Will anybody else be C25King today/tonight?

:)

Replies

• DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Okay, I COMPLETED W1, D2! I have been fighting weed pollen allergies for the past couple of weeks (northeast) and have been hacking my brains out. I did the workout anyway! I am very proud of myself!

Question: Do you do your walking/running on a treadmill or the road? I find treadmill easier than pavement...that will be my next challenge. Maybe I will repeat the 8-week course on pavement after I finish (and, yes, I WILL FINISH) this course of 8 weeks. I think I am going to like running...eventually...jury is still out on that one!
  • lorengetsfit
    lorengetsfit Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Okay, I COMPLETED W1, D2! I have been fighting weed pollen allergies for the past couple of weeks (northeast) and have been hacking my brains out. I did the workout anyway! I am very proud of myself!

Question: Do you do your walking/running on a treadmill or the road? I find treadmill easier than pavement...that will be my next challenge. Maybe I will repeat the 8-week course on pavement after I finish (and, yes, I WILL FINISH) this course of 8 weeks. I think I am going to like running...eventually...jury is still out on that one!

Hi there! Way to push through! It's a great feeling to complete a workout, even when you don't feel completely up to it!

My name is Loren and I am currently on W3 of C25K (Run 90 seconds, Walk 2 minutes). I started C25K in order to improve my endurance. A few years ago I started running and I was able to run 20 minutes non-stop. Now I weigh 20-40 more pounds than I did at that time so running is more difficult.

I love that C25K is so structured because it keeps me focused on my progress. I do the program exclusively on the treadmill (walk: 3.5 mph, run: 5.0 mph-6.0mph—no incline). Once I complete the program I am going to repeat a few weeks with incline, as it simulates outdoor running because I would eventually like to be able to run outdoors.

I'm currently only doing C25K and plan to add in strength training after a couple more weeks. Although the recommended number of days for the program is 3, I have been doing it 4-5 days a week. The first week I was sore due to lack of stretching, but now that I have started stretching after my runs I feel much better.

Next week (W4) will be a big jump but I'm looking forward to the challenge!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi there! Way to push through! It's a great feeling to complete a workout, even when you don't feel completely up to it!

My name is Loren and I am currently on W3 of C25K (Run 90 seconds, Walk 2 minutes). I started C25K in order to improve my endurance. A few years ago I started running and I was able to run 20 minutes non-stop. Now I weigh 20-40 more pounds than I did at that time so running is more difficult.

I love that C25K is so structured because it keeps me focused on my progress. I do the program exclusively on the treadmill (walk: 3.5 mph, run: 5.0 mph-6.0mph—no incline). Once I complete the program I am going to repeat a few weeks with incline, as it simulates outdoor running because I would eventually like to be able to run outdoors.

I'm currently only doing C25K and plan to add in strength training after a couple more weeks. Although the recommended number of days for the program is 3, I have been doing it 4-5 days a week. The first week I was sore due to lack of stretching, but now that I have started stretching after my runs I feel much better.

Next week (W4) will be a big jump but I'm looking forward to the challenge!

Welcome, Loren, and thank you for sharing your progress and introducing yourself! I was going to do WI, D3 today, but due to family matters, I will do it tomorrow. Right now, time only permits me to do 3-4 days a week. I will probably go to 4 days a week by Week 4. I love the structure too. Please keep up with us (on the board as you are ahead of the rest of us). We always love the motivation that others' stories provide! :)
  • lorengetsfit
    Options
    I did W3D5 today. I didn't have much energy once I started running, but I was able to finish and I'm glad that I persisted. I start W4 tomorrow and am kind of nervous because it's a jump from running 90 seconds to running 3 minutes. It's going to be a challenge, but I'm excited!
  • lorengetsfit
    Options
    So I just noticed that I am actually starting W3 next week, not W4. Just wanted to clarify! :)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    I did W3D5 today. I didn't have much energy once I started running, but I was able to finish and I'm glad that I persisted. I start W4 tomorrow and am kind of nervous because it's a jump from running 90 seconds to running 3 minutes. It's going to be a challenge, but I'm excited!

Congrats on persisting! Good luck with W3!
  • lorengetsfit
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Mangsney
    Mangsney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Second workout done this morning!

It seemed a little harder when I started, but I think I was trying to go too fast while running. So I slowed down, and made sure to walk fast, and I did it. Sooooo sweaty by the end of it, I jumped in the shower and my clothes went straight in the machine! :D I took a longer route home to add some more cool down time. I would have liked to stay in the park and maybe walk another lap, but I had a busy morning ahead of me. Next time, maybe!

I probably won't be able to keep a regular schedule (I work from home, so I don't have fixed hours, and also I needed 3 days to get over the initial soreness) and I can foresee myself wanting to repeat some days, but running is turning it out to be less horrible than I thought, I'll see this through! :#
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Mangsney wrote: »

It seemed a little harder when I started, but I think I was trying to go too fast while running. So I slowed down, and made sure to walk fast, and I did it. Sooooo sweaty by the end of it, I jumped in the shower and my clothes went straight in the machine! :D I took a longer route home to add some more cool down time. I would have liked to stay in the park and maybe walk another lap, but I had a busy morning ahead of me. Next time, maybe!

I probably won't be able to keep a regular schedule (I work from home, so I don't have fixed hours, and also I needed 3 days to get over the initial soreness) and I can foresee myself wanting to repeat some days, but running is turning it out to be less horrible than I thought, I'll see this through! :#

It's great to have you here, Mangsney! No need to keep a regular schedule on our account! We are just here to support each other. And, repeating days is good! Keep doing the week over until you master it and then move on to the next. You will be amazed at how much you can do at the end of the 8 weeks!
  • lorengetsfit
    Options

I agree with Dee; you should definitely repeat days if you feel like it would be beneficial! I'm repeating W3 right now. I have also had to slow down so that I can focus on breathing more. The speed will come in time
  • Mangsney
    Options
    Shark Week started this morning, so there won't be any running on Saturday. If I feel OK I'll walk instead. I know they say a little exercise is good, but not when you feel like death warmed over :s
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    @Mangsney - "Shark Week"...I LOVE IT...Laughing at the term...not that you feel like death warmed over. :)
  • Mangsney
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @Mangsney - "Shark Week"...I LOVE IT...Laughing at the term...not that you feel like death warmed over. :)

:D

Also, I forgot to say before but there has been no soreness at all since yesterday! I guess the extra cool down time and stretching did help! :)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Also, I forgot to say before but there has been no soreness at all since yesterday! I guess the extra cool down time and stretching did help! :)

Same here. Maybe my bag of bones is adjusting. I did walk an extra 15 minutes after finishing last night!
  • Mangsney
    Options
    I went walking on Saturday and Sunday morning, and I should be OK for Week 1 Day 3 tomorrow. I'll probably repeat it on Thursday, and then start Week 2 on Saturday.
  • Mangsney
    Options
    I went walking on Saturday and Sunday morning, and I should be OK for Week 1 Day 3 tomorrow. I'll probably repeat it on Thursday, and then start Week 2 on Saturday.

Hmm, I woke up late (also in a sweat, which I bloody hate!) and really didn't feel like working out. So I'm afraid I didn't do Week 1 Day 3, but I went on the elliptical trainer so I still count that as a big victory because I really didn't feel like it at all ;)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options

Hmm, I woke up late (also in a sweat, which I bloody hate!) and really didn't feel like working out. So I'm afraid I didn't do Week 1 Day 3, but I went on the elliptical trainer so I still count that as a big victory because I really didn't feel like it at all ;)

Movement is PROGRESS! Beats sitting on the couch!