Prepping for the Holidays (October Challenge) Week 1 Check-In (10/1 - 10/7)

Options

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Monday, 10/5, Check-In:
    1. Weigh-in: 144.4 check.jpg
    2. Water: 132/75oz check.jpg
    3. Calorie: 1375/1312 (though I did earn back exercise calories, I still won't count this)
    4. At or under carbs: 32g/30g (blame my lunch out, as I didn't find out the exact carbs til after)
    5. Steps: 5,767 / 7,500
    6. Exercise: Parking Far away, Elliptical, Yoga, Foundation training check.jpg
    7. Logged food check.jpg
    5/7
    Earned 5 pumpkins.

Weekly Pumpkin Count: 25
    em7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.png

Normally I'd say Monday was not a good day, but I'm not going to beat myself up for a day that had 32 total carbs. That's still far below what I used to eat and call myself low carb! Today may not have been my best day, but it only looks bad in comparison to the rest of the week. ;)

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Monday - 4 pumpkins. Had a great day!!

Total so far: 12 out of a possible 28 pumpkins per week. em7od5ymabaq.png
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    SW: 210
    GW: 200

1. Drink more water and less diet coke (check)
    2. Get at least 10k steps a day 5 days a week, with a bonus goal of going over 12k as often as possible (check and check)
    3. Resist the Halloween candy that will soon be flooding my office. (check)
    4. Join the gym and get back to the elliptical and weight machines.
    5. Keep carbs below 50 total a day (check)

Bonus: Try not to gain while at Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights. (this weekend, YAY!)

Okay, the gym thing ain't happening. $100 for 3 months? Are they INSANE????? If Planet Fitness wasn't so far away, I'd go there. :( I think I"ll be better off waiting till January and just buy my own dang elliptical when they go on sale. :| In the meantime, amending that to using my mothers 3 days a week.

As it is, 3 pumpkins for me!

• mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Didn't check in Sunday, here's check in for 10/5 (I know, a day late):

1. Drink 72oz water CHECK
    2. Don't drink alcohol (no check)
    3. Keep carbs under 50g CHECK
    4. Exercise as planned CHECK
    5. Electrolytes CHECK

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    10/5 check-in

1. Stay under 25-30 net carbs a day most days of the month (see #3)-1 pumpkin
    2. Plan meals for the following week on Saturday or Sunday and stick to meal plan- 1 pumpkin
    3. Two special occasion days take place this month and my goal is to go no higher than 50 net carbs-N/A
    4. Try to add exercise in 3-4 times per week as joint pain permits-no pumpkins
    5. Try at least one new keto friendly recipe per week to keep things interesting- Chorizo chicken bake -1 pumpkin

3 pumpkins
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everybody! You are all doing so well!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Btw: how's it going for you @Fit_Goat? Your goals were hard! I understand caving on the coffee though! How about the no seasonings? :smiley: Just a curious mind!
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Check in - Monday 10/5

Calories - I was over for the day
    Carbs - Over -51/20
    Exercise - Yes - Power Pump
    Water - Yes - 80/72 oz

Today: 2/4 earned
    Week total: 13/20 earned
    Month total: 13/20 earned
  • quiltnutty
    quiltnutty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Better late than never ... I haven’t been logging into MFP for a while and just found this challenge which I really need. Some of my goals seem weak but I want to set goals I feel I can achieve and they all are something I’m challenged by. 

SW 209
    GW (for Oct) 199

Goals
    1 Plan and log all food honestly
    2 Get 20 minutes of exercise every day
    3 Drink 32 oz of water everyday
    4 Stop eating after 8 p.m.
    5 Stay under 50 g total carbs
    6 No peanut butter
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have done well for the past month, so want to power through the holidays!

SW: 179.5
    GW: 172 (I am way up from where I should be, so should be able to manage this)

1. <25 g carbs/day - Check
    2. 10,000 steps/day - Check
    3. Log food every day - Check
    4. 80 oz water every day - Check

Good luck everyone!

(I just put these goals as a daily reminder on my work calendar for all the days of October - hope that helps!)

So far so good for this week and my weight is down to 176!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Monday, 10/5, Check-In:
    1. Water: 80/80oz check.jpg
    2. Calorie goal under (Sun-Fri schedule): check.jpg
    3. At or under carbs: 29g/50g check.jpg
    4. Exercise as planned: Stomped briskly around the yard for 45 min check.jpg
    5. Hit electrolytes: check.jpg
    6. Logged food:check.jpg

6/6
    Earned 6 pumpkins.

Daily Pumpkins collected: 6
    em7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.png

Weekly Pumpkin Count: 24
    Monthly: 24

• TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    pondsbb wrote: »
    em7od5ymabaq.png

• TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    nope that didn't work
  • pondsbb
    pondsbb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Batlady just post the

(img)line goes here (/img)

Delete anything that has

(quote)....(/quote)

I know it looks confusing. For some reason on my phone I can't do the click thingy and get the url. That might work better for you. Baconslave told about it.
  • pondsbb
    pondsbb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    SW 146
    GW 140

Go back to tracking calories and carb
    Try new holiday type recipes
    If I loose 3 pounds this month I'll consider it successful

This week I have tried a pumpkin pie recipe which I didn't care for. It was ok but nothing to jump for joy over. I froze the leftovers and will eat it eventually.
    Have not been successful tracking so far. Will have to bear down on that starting tomorrow. We are mid flood in my area and the stress from it all is causing me to ignore tracking.

Daily Pumpkins collected: 2
    em7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.png

I tracked calorie and carb today. I stayed within calorie range. Did not try any holiday recipes.
    Gosh I hope I collect enough pumpkins for a pie.... at least.

Weekly pumpkins...3em7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.png

Well the past two days I got another 4 pumpkins for a total of 7.

I really don't know how I'm going to try low carb recipes because they all make too large servings and I hate waste. I can't eat all that pie or cake and hubby doesn't do sweets much. When I do make something it tastes so yucky. I will probably just have to use my regular holiday recipes. All full carb.

Anyway 7 pumpkins total and yucky pumpkin pie in fridge.em7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.png
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't want to count my pumpkins. I only hit my step goal on two of the last six days. Although, if you average the days, it is above the 12,500 number. It's just been a weird week. I definitely walked less and did less when trying to cut back on the coffee.

The coffee, that would be one day.

So, what? I am at three for the week so far? Maybe throw in two more for the weight lifting workouts done? That would be five, for the week. That's less than most people make in a day.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Tuesday: Great day! 4 pumpkins!

Total so far: 16 out of a possible 28 pumpkins per week.
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Check in - Tuesday 10/6

Calories - I'm having trouble tracking in the evening. Also been feeling super gross (constantly overheating, a little tired, somewhat stuffy sinuses, etc) the last two days and am up 4 pounds. I need to get my head back in the game... I do great at work, as I pre-pack everything for the day. Maybe I should just stop going home! No pumpkin for calories today
    Carbs - Again, failed to track. No pumpkins for me
    Exercise - Yes - Step and Abs
    Water - Yes - 80/72 oz

Today: 2/4 earned
    Week total: 15/24 earned
    Month total: 15/24 earned

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Tuesday, 10/6, Check-In:
    1. Water: 80/80oz check.jpg
    2. Calorie goal under (Sun-Fri schedule): check.jpg
    3. At or under carbs: 34g/50g check.jpg
    4. Exercise as planned: Stomped briskly around the yard for 30 min and played baseball with da kiddos 20 mincheck.jpg
    5. Hit electrolytes: check.jpg
    6. Logged food:check.jpg

6/6
    Earned 6 pumpkins.

Daily Pumpkins collected: 6
    em7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.pngem7od5ymabaq.png

Weekly Pumpkin Count: 30
    Monthly: 30

FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't want to count my pumpkins. I only hit my step goal on two of the last six days. Although, if you average the days, it is above the 12,500 number. It's just been a weird week. I definitely walked less and did less when trying to cut back on the coffee.

The coffee, that would be one day.

So, what? I am at three for the week so far? Maybe throw in two more for the weight lifting workouts done? That would be five, for the week. That's less than most people make in a day.

Edit:
    Argh. It ated my post!
    You are doing just fine. Don't be such an negative Billy Goat! :tongue:
    I could have easily made it so that I only get a pumpkin for each day I met ALL my goals. But I'm trying to emphasize the intricacies of goals that could/can/should be followed everyday as a Back to Basics deal. So I made many goals. I do most of those by habit anyway daily. Except the electrolytes, I forgot those regularly, and I sometimes let calorie creep happen. Doesn't hurt to set the bar high, and give yourself a couple freebies. :wink:

And it's equally fine to only have a couple goals. 2 goals met is always better than 4 goals failed.