Keto friends wanted!!! :D

Options
ashilyyy1
ashilyyy1 Posts: 5 Member
Hi! I'm Ashley! I'm 23 years old, a momma of a sweet little boy, work hard as a dental assistant , and live in good 'ol VA!
....I've recently just started following this Ketogenic diet I heard about from a guy that lost 140 pounds in less than a year...that's insane, right? ..but he swears by keto and he's convinced me to give it a whirl...
..I'm looking for other keto people to follow on MFP. We can keep each other motivated and inspired! ....I'm hoping to loose at least 50pounds by April,2016...(I'm a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding..I need to look gooood!)

...so if you're keto, Lets be friends! :)

(And fyi, I'm totally gonna read your food diarys for meal ideas!)

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm just over 5 months in and down 36 pounds
    267639 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi i am new doing a very lowcarb diet feel free to add me
  • kujuh
    kujuh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs on a keto lifestyle and have gained it all back in the last 4 years - but i'm back on it again! Add me!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to keto. Please add me.
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I just jumped back on the keto wagon Tuesday...it's so easy to fall off. Simple carbs are everywhere! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Nicole65
    Nicole65 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • sophieperla
    sophieperla Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too! The more support the better :)
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I've been sugar free for 16weeks and upped it to keto for last 9 weeks and lost 22kg (48lb) in total. Not hungry at all, now getting more energy, soft skin, and less joint pain.
    Would love more keto friends for encouragement. This is the longest time I have focused on any WOE and am determined to try anything to stay that way.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I spend the majority of my time over in the LCD group, but am at keto levels, and willing to accept new friends too! Congratulations on your start to this new way of life!
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Been doing keto for 4 months now. Need to lose the last stubborn 10 pounds :blush:
  • kayceekay01
    kayceekay01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of keto, looking for friends to add also! I woke up this morning with very little appetite so far. I made myself eat something anyway just because I won't be able to eat anything again until around 1. I was starving yesterday and really craving my sweets. I think that may be more hormonal than anything else though :p . I also take magnesium daily and I've heard that really helps with the "keto flu" also. Any tips would be appreciated! Feel free to look at my daily meals and make suggestions, I need all the help I can get!
  • Jenniferstone86
    Jenniferstone86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i'm making the (slight) change from atkins to Keto. I took two weeks off (i was super sick) and can feel the difference in my health. I struggle with food choices and keeping things creative! I do believe LCHF is the lifestyle for me. I feel so much better! I would love some friends to share hints and recipes with!
  • stephanniehall
    stephanniehall Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 pounds down using Keto in the last 6 months! Feel free to add me!
  • sunshine__00
    sunshine__00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is my day two! Around 10AM I was starving but somehow my lunch and now a cup of green tea is helping satiate the hunger.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    All of the newbies are super inspiring! Just a tip though, when sending a friend request, please add a note to tell which group you're from. It helps me! But yes, more friends!!!
  • TD4PEPSI
    TD4PEPSI Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm Tony. I've been doing Keto for 6 weeks or so. Have a open dairy. I've read a couple of books and listen to LCHF podcast daily. Please feel free to add me! I've lost 26 lbs so far. About 15 from my goal.
  • willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm 10 months in fully keto adapted, add me if you'd like, I'm diligent with entering everything I eat
  • msgrmarucci
    msgrmarucci Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I Started on September 20, and lost 15.5 pounds. Hoping to lose 10 pounds per month before February. So far, right on schedule. One slight problem is I am a paraplegic and find it difficult to exercise. That said, I am taking it one day at a time, and I only weigh in on Sunday's. If anyone has some nice low carb recipes they might like to post, I would be most appreciative. I recently made the low gluten (low carb) quiche posted on my fitness pal....it was a great alternative to looking at another egg for breakfast, and provided quick breakfasts or the week. Good luck everyone.