Separate goals

Options
So I am trying to loose weight and my boyfriend is trying to gain weight. I make
supper for the two of us and a toddler. Does anyone have experience with this? All I can think to do is add rice or potatoes to his dinner but he gets so sick of it lol.

Replies

• SeriousPC
    SeriousPC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's tough, but without sabotaging yourself it seems to make the most sense.. increased portions for him and maybe he needs to disappear after dinner and scoff back a dessert... out of sight! :)
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i would double his portions and add extra things like butter to his veggies, etc.

also adding 3tbsp of yummy manitoba harvest hemp hearts to his salad, veggies, stir-fry or whatever you are making that something can be added to, will increase his calories by 173. i love these things, they have not only helped me meet my nutrient needs but, also helped me meet my daily calories when i just was not that hungry.

healthy dense foods like the energy squares that i get from nuts.com are great for snack or after meal desert and can really add up in calories without having to eat a tons more..and in moderation they work well for those of us trying to lose weight and your little one when old enough will enjoy them too (my 2 1/2 grand daughter loves them).

• Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My son has the same problem. Cannot retain weight. Every morning he starts the day with a protein shake which is calorie dense. It seems to do the trick.