How Important is Water??

Options
2»

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    I was shocked at how little water I drank in a day, when I started Keto and MFP. Logging made me aware. At first I bought 4 cup containers to bring water to work, but soon bought 2 -8 cup containers to ensure I drink enough. I fill them half-way then freeze them, filling them up with cold water when I leave the house, tomorrow's bottle is already frozen and ready for me. This makes it effortless. My workplace is very dry, so I find I am glad to have lots of water with me, and most days I manage to drink the whole container at work. I log my 3 cups of coffee along with my water, and I never have to worry about drinking enough. Maybe 1 cup of tea and I've had 12 cups of water easily.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Before I never drank water unless I was thirsty. I never believed that sometimes when you are hungry you are really thirsty. Lately i have been drinking a lot of water and it is keeping the hunger at bay. So now when I feel hungry I know I am really hungry. Less snacking in between meals. I have 64 oz bottle with me all the time so I know if I drank enough for the day. Usually I go over the 64 oz and drink about 92-120 oz.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Life or death in my case.
    267639 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I drink 10 cups per day :)
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot. It helps fill me up and I have more energy.
  • AppetiteControlFreak
    Options
    Drinking a good bit of water is pretty easy to do

It seems like there are potential risks to not drinking enough.

It is popular on MFP to so called DeBunk myths of nutrition. I have heard it claimed the water thing is a myth.

I tend to think it is easy to hit the water goal with no detriment
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    This website states 5 cups (1.2 liters) is minimum per day:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/womenshealth/features/watermyth.htm

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Current weight: 198.5, 115.5 pounds down, 19.5 to go. 13 months on diet
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I can prob do 5 cups! Lol. I think I at least do 4 maybe 5
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Re - the water myth - I believe for the most part its a myth - - I don't count. I routinely go walking in heat waves - drink a glass or 2 before I leave if I feel thirsty and carry no water. However - I'm wonder of keto changes your balance and your built in instinct to drink does not re-adjust right away.