Lab Work

2»

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    I used to think so too, as well as believing the idea that smelling food/drinks instantly packs on the poundage. I'm not sure.
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    CrisEBTrue wrote: »
    I'd never heard of it either. Apparently it's something new.

I did lose 15 lbs on Bydureon. At first I had the runs, food tasted funny. That eased off and now I just get full very quickly.
    So I have to pace myself because I need a healthy snack between meals so I won't get hungry and go insane and eat a box of crackers.

After looking at my meals today I realized: MFP counts carbs, but it doesn't know the difference between 'good' carbs and 'bad' carbs.
    I had some cole slaw with dinner--cabbage, right? I can't tell you the carb count right off the top of my head, but it was more than a piece of whole wheat bread... So it made my carb count for the day seem higher, but it's good carbs. Right?

Ok I'm tired, I'm frustrated...I'm babbling. :p

I used to think that cole slaw in a restaurant was low carb. Then I tested my bs after that meal and ot went up! I think there was probably some kind of sugar in there. Never ate it again.

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Cole slaw is usually made from cabbage, carrots, green peppers, mayo, sugar & vinegar.
    I didn't know about the vinegar, that should slow down the sugar spike.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    We live in NC, and here, any kind of prepared slaw is sweet. I got a chicken salad sandwich once in a restaurant and sure enough; it was SWEET. :s That's just SOOO wrong. >:)

I've been buying the pre-shredded bagged cabbage; makes a nice change from the usual green salad.

I had the tv on this afternoon and saw some commercial for a nicotine patch for smokers who want to quit.

I was hungry at the time and I couldn't help but wish that there was a patch to cut carb cravings..

:D
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    indeed ! a carb patch would be nice :) -- especially true as I watch a McDonald's all day breakfast commercial with all those yummy looking biscuits.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Yeah I thought for a while that I would start making my own slaw using low-fat mayo and artificial sweeteners or alternatives like greek yogurt, or sour cream to make it a healthier option in my veggie rotation. But that was just too much work in the end ...cole slaw just slid off my list of 'acceptable' sides. (Also in NC where very sweet slaw or vinegar bbq slaw is the norm).

On the other hand Sauerkraut has made it into my rotation. (The 'german' or 'bavarian' style also has sugar added.) But I've found I can have the regular kraut, or add a touch of cinnamon, or a minimal amount of splenda and it works well.