Fast food suggestion?

Options
13»

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The only problem I've had was at a subway. The "manager" tried to explain that they count the salad plates for inventory, so putting sub fillings in one was affecting her inventory (I call bs on that one) and went on to say they would accommodate me "this time". Some people don't know why you wouldn't want the bread. It's their problem, not mine. Btw: I havent been back to that subway. If they refuse to accommodate my order they don't deserve my business! I think they forget that we have choices!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    The only problem I've had was at a subway. The "manager" tried to explain that they count the salad plates for inventory, so putting sub fillings in one was affecting her inventory (I call bs on that one) and went on to say they would accommodate me "this time". Some people don't know why you wouldn't want the bread. It's their problem, not mine. Btw: I havent been back to that subway. If they refuse to accommodate my order they don't deserve my business! I think they forget that we have choices!

OMG this happened to me too. Now I just order a foot long sub and throw away the flatbread. The salad ended up being more expensive than a footling. Glad to hear it's happened to someone else and that the one I was at wasn't crazy. I actually have this coupon card that I can get a free 6" with the purchase of a 6" and a soda so I'm getting a foot long for the price of a 6" anyway.
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have gone to McD and ask for a grilled Chicken breast patty. Should be about $2. At Costco, I get the hot dog and throw the bun away.
  • robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I hope your weekend went well, Etta. I'm interested to hear how you made it work!

For my part, on Friday night after I took boys from church to a corn maze, my co-leader and I went to Hardees (Carl's Jr, for some of you). I had my first bun-less burger - it was way less weird than I thought it'd be, and also not as sloppy as I imagined it to be. No one blinked an eye when I ordered it, and it's also served in a paper sleeve on the bottom, like a lot of burritos are served. An eye-opening experience for sure!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    robosphere wrote: »
    I hope your weekend went well, Etta. I'm interested to hear how you made it work!

For my part, on Friday night after I took boys from church to a corn maze, my co-leader and I went to Hardees (Carl's Jr, for some of you). I had my first bun-less burger - it was way less weird than I thought it'd be, and also not as sloppy as I imagined it to be. No one blinked an eye when I ordered it, and it's also served in a paper sleeve on the bottom, like a lot of burritos are served. An eye-opening experience for sure!

It went really well, I ordered Hardee's too for the first time and I agree so much better than I thought!!!!! My new go to fast food place... It was really good and didn't even crave hubby's fries he was eating!! And just one filled me up so learned a lot!!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Batlady49 wrote: »
    I have gone to McD and ask for a grilled Chicken breast patty. Should be about $2. At Costco, I get the hot dog and throw the bun away.

I do the same thing sometimes. I'll get it to go and take it home. Toss the bun, replace with one low carb slice of bread which works well and gives me something to hang onto, add my own low sugar ketchup and no-sugar sweet pickle relish and enjoy the dog!! <3
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    wendy's - double stacks or baconator (can add extra patties), plain, no bun.

mcd - sausage patties and round eggs (even easier now that they serve breakfast all day!)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    This morning, I had three round eggs and a couple slices of cheese from McD's. Just order them like that. It's cheap too, it was actually cheaper than one McMuffin at normal price. The round eggs are real whole eggs. I don't know about the scrambled eggs.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    This morning, I had three round eggs and a couple slices of cheese from McD's. Just order them like that. It's cheap too, it was actually cheaper than one McMuffin at normal price. The round eggs are real whole eggs. I don't know about the scrambled eggs.

The scrambled eggs have some random added stuff, from what i remember....something carby, and some weird fake butter spray to make them pretty...
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    So is the round McD eggs just boiled eggs?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    So is the round McD eggs just boiled eggs?

No, those are the "cracked" eggs into the rings to cook, for like the Egg McMuffin. Whole eggs, nothing added except what's on the grill for non-sticking.