Cancer Cure??!!

Options
saraphim41
saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
edited October 2015 in Social Groups
I don't usually have much to say in these boards, but I saw something tonight that is, at least, very interesting. It's a series about treating and curing cancer.

I'm not any kind of medical authority, and I made notes so I can research some of this further.

But most of it rang that bell in me that proclaims a recognition of truth.

Please check it out for yourself--it's on YouTube, called "The Truth About Cancer: A Global Quest."

Just in case you missed it and might be interested.

Thank you.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KqJAzQe7_0g

@saraphim41 I started with the first one last Tuesday (youtube link above) and plan to see all nine in this series.

Having studied this subject hard for the past year for personal reasons I can say I have been impressed with the quality of info. Most of the protocols I have found and tested over the last year just to see if any of the supplements harmed me where from Europe or Asia.

What Ty Bollinger presents is well above the BS that is often associated with this subject. He is a CPA and lost his dad and other family members due to cancer treatment side effects.

As one trained by the healthcare industry (earned an OD Degree since 1986) I can relate to what Ty Bollinger's research is finding.

After a year of working to prevent cancer this series is giving me a lot of new areas to research.

No one should 'blindly' do what he or she watches in a series like this!

If there is interest one should dig deeper on any subject raised and then act if one finds some validity. Eating bell pepper will kill very few however I expect. :)

Basically the 'cures' seem to work well as just 'common sense' eating.

Notice how many different ways of eating can give the same results.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=3Kt005V2_Kg

Aspartame is covered starting at 49:48 on the clip above for a few minutes if this is of personal interest to anyone. They cover some research from Italy and how aspartame can lead to weight gain.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Most cancers need sugar to grow and thrive so if you limit those, it can affect the path of some cancers. Some brain cancers seem to be particularly sensitive to sugars consumed.

I've also read a bit about how fasting for a few days can really cut your risks of cancer developing.... I don't know much about this but it seems to make sense. Maybe others know more....
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've been watching this series and am learning a lot. And I am more disgusted than ever with our healthcare system
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    Last night when they said we are sent home to die can make it come even more likely due to fear feeding cancer growth.

My take away after watching the first 5 parts is cancer is not a disease as much as it is the results of being chronically ill from not eating right for many years in most cases when we are 40+ and turn up with cancer.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Cancer is not one disease but many diseases, each specific. So a brain cancer will be very different from a blood plasma cancer, will be very different from a soft tissue cancer. It now appears that many forms of cancer can be caused by viral activity, some of it very early in life. Indeed, some tumors seem to be sensitive to glucose restriction, other tumors, perversely, thrive if they are glucose restricted.

As one who owes his life to conventional therapeutic intervention of the "heavy chemo" type, I really roll my eyes every time all kinds of pet theories are advanced, from "it's all a yeast infection, people" to "baking soda will make all tumors go away".

I also urge everyone to read Susan Sontag's "Illness as a Metaphor" for the explanation that, metphorically, cancer is now where TB was in the nineteenth century.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    What I objected to was the promotion of JUST one woman ( the old blonde who cured cancer twice, and has lived 30+ years) who used the Hoxey clinic in Mexico..now run by the 90 yr old non-medically trained sister of a nurse of Hoxey..( basically inherited the whole thing) so she could have been a ballet dance and now is just in charge of the juicing and herbs they give..not a ringing endorsement.

NOT ONE other cured Hoxey person is shown…from what I've researched there really hasn't been any proof of results of this method..it may be just good food that these people never ate diligently before that is now the "cure"… which brings us back to keeping a good diet is the first line of defense, and aid, to surving any treatment.

I was shocked to learn so many kinds of 'medical schools" have disappeared..and now just the "give a patented drug" solution in all of them.

My recent experience with my docs quickly changing drugs but never even asking me a single thing about diet convinced me they have no interest in what may have caused the blood test changes. (my potassium edged up just ONCE in past 6 tests- so they over-react) I am fighting to prove I can adjust my diet, solve the temporary spike, and keep an ideal med, and not the poor substitute they thought was needed. In this case it was truly poor patient communication!

• NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I saw a program on PBS a couple of months ago entitled "The Emperor of All Maladies" It's definitely worth taking a look at. What was sobering is the way that various cancers are treated. Until very recently there was no science to support the treatments offered. People with cancer suffered more from the treatments than the disease. And there was very few who survived. As a breast cancer survivor I can tell you that breast cancer is not one disease but a whole host of diseases. Many are estrogen dependent. The best thing a woman can do for herself is to lose at least 8 -10% of her body weight. Body fat produces estrogen and makes treatment that much harder.
  • GaleHawkins
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The best thing I personally like about the Ty Bollinger types is they can pull together a lot of info on a given subject . Now I can start digging deeper on the points that may apply to me or a family member.

Personally I would be against acting on any advice from doctors in any practice or being interviewed in this series on cancer, any book I read or from a pharmacist behind the counter at a drug store before I did my own research on the advice.

Nov 2014 I told two doctors NO to starting Enbrel due to its known side effects after reading about Enbrel since my Aug 2014 appointment. It blew their minds but grasping risk/reward concepts are not rocket science.

By diet alone during the month of Oct 2014 I dropped my pain level from a 7-8 level to a 2-3 level. Today there are many sources of medical info so weighing the pros and cons of many medical concerns is doable by many.

One good point I think this series is doing is driving home the point where you start chemo/radiation the next day or the next month or even the next year may give just as positive of a success rate. When patients start asking informed questions it will improve the quality of healthcare I expect.

Rushing a patient to chemo the next day over a cancer they have been carrying around for 3650 days just does not add up when it is well known they may only live an extra 60 days vs. no treatment ever with some types of cancer.

Hopefully the one starting in 30 minutes will be as good as the last five. Last night I did order the Gold edition that is to contain all 68 hours of interviews and a bound transcript since I learn better with my eyes than ears.

https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/global-quest/episode-6/?a_aid=1619624

Each of the 9 programs stay up for one day to be viewed free on Youtube.
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I take turmeric with black pepper daily - it is probably the best herb on the planet for fighting cancer and various other auto immune diseases. There is a good video on TED Talks about antiangiogenisis foods that fight cancer too. I will watch the above video when I can.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    I take turmeric with black pepper daily - it is probably the best herb on the planet for fighting cancer and various other auto immune diseases. There is a good video on TED Talks about antiangiogenisis foods that fight cancer too. I will watch the above video when I can.

@fastforlife1 thanks for posting about turmeric with black pepper. One article I found that I liked is below.

draxe.com/turmeric-health-benefits/