Stubbon Tummy and Hips Area

Options
Sammy85x
Sammy85x Posts: 26 Member
Can anyone give me any advice on how to lose weight from my tummy and hip area please. And also how to tone those areas too.
Also any tips on what and what not to eat to help with this and what machines at the gym could also help etc.
Thanks

Replies

• Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    ^ Yes please!
    While the front of my belly is flattening my hips are still covered in fat.
  • odettedutkiewicz
    odettedutkiewicz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too! I really need to lose weight on my hips, inner thighs and bum :)
  • riveragirl15
    riveragirl15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Have you girls tried HIIT cardio? You can google it and find routines on the treadmill, elliptical, stair mill, anything you want! It is higher intensity and more focused on burning fat instead of a long slow run or an hour long elliptical session.
  • gusieo
    gusieo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce! You can only obtain more muscles in a certain area. Where you store and lose fat is dictated by your genes. Generally, aim for a natural diet (this is most important since abs are made in the kitchen), some high intensity cardio (Google this), and abdominal exercises since you're seeking to tone those specific areas. Try to limit your uptake of processed food items and eat as naturally as you can.
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I should really get back into HIIT I have been mostly bike riding and that has created marvelous results all over. My hips are my only vice at the moment as they are not reducing as nicely.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    HIIT. No doubt. I like body weight circuits and am currently doing Betty Rocker 90 day challenge 3-5 days a week and at least a day of 12 minute athlete Tabata HIIT. I've never gotten better results on my stomach and hips than I have in the last 90 days and I'm 54. That and try to eat as clean as you can and no soda(no diet either). I'm convinced that diet soda made me look bloated.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    gusieo wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce! You can only obtain more muscles in a certain area. Where you store and lose fat is dictated by your genes. Generally, aim for a natural diet (this is most important since abs are made in the kitchen), some high intensity cardio (Google this), and abdominal exercises since you're seeking to tone those specific areas. Try to limit your uptake of processed food items and eat as naturally as you can.

^ This!!!

Another thing: be patient!!! Our body (I should say especially the fat cells) won't tell if what we're doing is harmful/ life-threatening or "just trying to get adapted to the new environment," so don't get discouraged if you don't see the result right away. And also, it'll be harder and harder to see the change happening as our body fat decreases. The leaner you are, the harder to get that ideal result you want.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Your body decides where the fat leaves first. Personally, I learned to love my strong hips, butt and thighs, because that last bit of fat isn't leaving unless I get very skinny. I consider myself fortunate to carry weight in the lower body, rather than in the torso, where it is considered a risk for heart disease.