Things The Binge Affects

Options
kika_mckee
kika_mckee Posts: 126 Member
Does anyone else feel like when they are in binge mode other areas of their life is affected? I was in full binge mode (kept looking for the that one thing that would satisfy if me). I feel like my job suffered, my time with my son and my husband, everything. All I could think about it was food.

Replies

• skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    Everything suffers. My brain goes to a different place, a place where my real life isn't included. I quit everything that interests me, exercise, reading, time with friends and family. Life goes from colors to grays. Sounds dramatic but it really isn't. It's just the truth.
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When I sneak away or hide things to binge I completely feel like I'm cheating on my wife. :-(
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    @ars371 - I understand that. The guilt is awful. It feels dishonest somehow just because we feel we have to keep this a secret.. Earlier this year, I started to admit my problem to my close family and friends and that seemed to help. Just owning it helps me...I don't know if that works for others, but for me it took away the hiding and made me push harder to do better for myself.
  • kika_mckee
    kika_mckee Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the guilt thing too, I have issues with binging in my car. I hate having to hide everything.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    mae918 wrote: »
    @ars371 - I understand that. The guilt is awful. It feels dishonest somehow just because we feel we have to keep this a secret.. Earlier this year, I started to admit my problem to my close family and friends and that seemed to help. Just owning it helps me...I don't know if that works for others, but for me it took away the hiding and made me push harder to do better for myself.

I agree with the OP, I feel like it affects many areas of my personal and work life. I like how you've mentioned opening up to close family/friends. I think that making it known would make it less likely to binge privately; especially if you had to tell someone after for accountability. I hope that one day I am at a place where I can be more open about it.
  • Cherry_2000
    Cherry_2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with skinny by t-day: Everything goes gray. I wish I loved sex instead of food! That way, at least my hubby would be happy and I'd get some daily exercise in.
  • Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It affects everything for me too because I get in a down mood, get more anxious, more depressed, more frustrated and hopeless. And I also can feel this physically so barely make it through my daily things.