Low carb desserts

Options
2»

Replies

• kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    The 21 day sugar detox recommends (or at least used to) peppermint tea. Since I'm not a tea drinker ever I find it really does work in dire situations.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hey LisaAnn!
    I'm just (finally) getting to check back here!
    I hope things are still going well and congrats on another 2lbs!

I wanted to mention, that I also found non - sweetened things... ummm... yucky? at first but after a while, I now find more often that things are TOO sweet. So I do believe your palate will adjust if you persist. I'm not guaranteeing you'll ever like unsweetened tea, but just keep an open and hopeful mind :smile:

It took me about 6 months but now I drink my coffee black. Sure, it really isn't quite as enjoyable as the doctored up version, but if you don't compare it and simply take it for what it is, it's not that bad for me anymore. Whereas before, there was no way you could get me to drink black coffee lol!

I actually had a bad run in with some "sugar free" pecan clusters that has been going on for about 3 weeks and thusly no weight drop to be seen in quite some time. Yesterday was my first day without "junk food". It was hard and so was today... but the results will be worth it. All to say... I'm routin' for you!
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite desert is not only good, but also an amazing cancer fighter/anti-inflammatory.
    Warm turmeric milk
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 teaspoon coconut oil
    1 teaspoon xylitol
    1/2 teaspoon turmeric
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ginger

Stir and heat on the stove. Easy too. Only 90 calories and 7 grams of carbs. The black pepper is necessary to activate the medicinal properties (curcumin) of the turmeric. The ginger and cinnamon are optional but healthy also.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    So... PSA:
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    1-2 tblsp unsweetened cocoa
    1-2 tsp sweetner
    dash of sea salt

Whip it with a hand held mixer
    Put it in the freezer
    Be transported to fluffy, buttery dark chocolate heaven.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite desert is not only good, but also an amazing cancer fighter/anti-inflammatory.
    Warm turmeric milk
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 teaspoon coconut oil
    1 teaspoon xylitol
    1/2 teaspoon turmeric
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ginger

Stir and heat on the stove. Easy too. Only 90 calories and 7 grams of carbs. The black pepper is necessary to activate the medicinal properties (curcumin) of the turmeric. The ginger and cinnamon are optional but healthy also.

So, can anyone tell me what turmeric actually tastes like? I've been putting cinnamon in a chocolate hemp shake, but the cinnamon is not really there for taste, but accent. Once in a while I get too much in the mix, and it seems to negatively affect my blood sugar (dropping it when it was already level, etc.). I've been trying to figure out what in the H-E-double hockey sticks I could substitute, and have been hemming and hawing and being a chicken about not trying turmeric, though I briefly thought about ginger. What does turmeric itself taste like? And do you think it would work? It's the Chocolate Hemp Shake from www.healthfulpursuit.com if you wanna take a gander at the rest of the ingredient list. I use coconut oil in place of hemp oil.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Tumeric is "The root of a tropical plant related to the gingerroot has a bitter, pungent taste and a yellow-orange color. Turmeric adds flavor and color to East Indian cooking and puts the yellow in American mustard."

I use it as I would paprika or curry powder. It is really great with eggs.

I think ginger mustard as a fluffy powder best describes it. More bitter, nothing sweet like cinnamon. I do like it better than ginger.